Well it's Friday again so it's time to consider our blessings of the week. Join in here at Susanne's site.
1. Feeling almost back to normal. I still haven't shifted the cough but I'm definitely beating the bug. Thank for all the good wishes last week.
2. Getting out for walks. It's been cold this week but mainly dry so I've managed to get out each day.
3. A visit to the hairdressers. Definitely a good way of lifting you up when not feeling great.
4. Trying out a new recipe. As part of my 18 in 18 (18 things to do in 2018) I'm hoping to try out a new recipe each week. I didn't do much of the cooking last week but I did cook a new recipe today - Braised pork with soy sauce and cinnamon. I even managed to take a picture. (Another aim for 18 in 18 is to take more pictures!)
It's made with pork, mushrooms, spring onions, garlic, ginger, dark soy sauce and cinnamon. My DIL and hubbie enjoyed it but I felt it might be better with light soy sauce. I served it with rice and mange tout.
5. A visit from our eldest son, DIL and greyhounds. They were here last weekend so it was good to catch up. Our DIL has quite a growing "bump" and is definitly glowing now she's got past the morning sickness phase of pregnancy.
So lots to be thankful for there plus I also got a few bits in a sale today. One of the department stores in one of our nearby shopping centres is closing down. I picked up some towels, a handbag and some wool.
Have a good weekend all.