Wednesday 31 January 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge 31/1/18



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. Speaking of endings....at your wit's end, at loose ends, a dead end, burn the candle at both ends, all's well that end's well, or no end in sight...which 'end' phrase might best be applied to your life lately? Explain.  
At loose ends probably.  I have quite a few things I want to do in the house when the kids move out.  We thought they would be in their own flat by now but…. they’re still with us so the changes are on hold.  But there is an end in sight, I hope!
2. What was a must have accessory when you were growing up? Did you own one? If so tell us what you remember about it.
I was (fortunate?)able to go through the fashion must haves of minis, midis, maxis and hotpants!  I had all of those but now I just stick to what’s comfortable and suits me.
3. Something that made you smile yesterday? 
An Instagram post of Grandson Nathan.
4. January 30th is National Croissant Day. Do you like croissants? Sweet or savory? We're having chicken salad for lunch...would you rather have yours served on a croissant, a wrap, a bagel, bread, or a roll of some sort?
Croissants have to be sweet, preferably with chocolate and I’d probably have bread or a roll with my chicken salad.
5. Sum up your January in fifteen words or less.
Started badly, got better, ended well.
6.  Insert your own random thought here
January definitely improved as the month went on.  Yesterday Hubby and I went to the cinema and then out for dinner and today I caught up with Nathan.  Hard to find a better way to end the month.

9 comments:

  1. A photo of my Grandson made me smile yesterday too. Nathan is adorable. Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Nathan is so adorable! What a great way to end the month and your post :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to remember the must have accessory growing up and drawing a blank. I think for a while the preppy thing was in and everyone had these grosgrain ribbons. They seem kind of silly now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely had ribbons - until a case of head lice had my mother getting me a short back and sides!

      Delete
  4. I just want to give that little one a hug. So sweet.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan is growing so fast! He is a plump little dumpling!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a handsome little guy. I too lived through minis, midis, maxis and hotpants. We also had gaucho pants. Do you remember those? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.