Click here for the A-Z blog to find out more about this challenge.
Living through this pandemic has definitely been hard. I’ve definitely been more anxious and at some points slightly depressed. One of the blogs I regularly follow (Living to tell the Story) hosted by Susanne has a blog hop on Fridays where participants list their 5 favourite things from the week. The idea is to recall our blessings and it’s been good to try and do that most weeks. Some weeks it’s been hard to think of specific things. Being in lockdown rather limits what you can do and it feels like groundhog day a lot of the time but there are always the basics to fall back on:
- I haven’t had Covid and neither has my hubby or anyone in our immediate family.
- Financially we haven’t really been affected. Hubby still has his job and we’ve probably saved money as we haven’t been going out or on holiday or so many other things.
- We managed to move house despite the pandemic.
- We live in a nice sized home where we have room to move about, and not be under one another’s feet. We also have a garden and green space within walking distance of our home.
- We gained 3 new grandchildren and we’ve seen them all. We continue to see 4 of our 6 grandchildren regularly. Hopefully soon we’ll be catching up with the other two.
- Our kids have all been ok too, both healthwise and financially.
- We’ve both had our first vaccinations and hopefully will be getting the second doses soon.
- The blogging community has helped to keep me sane.
- We’ve always had chocolate in the house.
- Staying at home means I’ve been able to limit the clothes I wear to those that are comfortable i.e. stretchy!