Well I'm combining two posts into one today - that way they'll both get done and I won't be chasing my tail later in the day.
Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story and it's where some of us come together on a Friday to share our blessings from the week.
The A-Z Challenge continues (details can be found here)and today's letter is T so I'm using Thankful for that.
For events from this week I'm thankful for:
1) A day with our youngest son & his family on Saturday. They came here and we had a buffet sort of lunch (pizza, quiche salad etc) Always good to see them.
2) A day with our daughter and her family on Sunday. Again they came here and we had a roast dinner. And cake! It was Hubby's birthday.
66 years young.
3) Hubby got a haircut! That pleases me because I've reluctantly cut it 3 times during lockdown and it never quite met his expections. He's lucky I didn't invest in some clippers and just shave it all off! Hopefully I won't get that job ever again.
4) Our library reopened so I have new books to read.
5) Our daughter has a new job. She's been a self contractor for a while now so it's a bit nerve wracking when a contract comes to an end and a new one has to be found but she finishes with her current post today and hopefully will start her new post in the next week or so.
In terms of lockdown I'm also thankful for:
- Keeping well
- Getting our jabs (2 for hubby 1 for me so far)
- Being financially secure - Hubby's a civil servant so his job has been secure - just moved to home working
- Moving house
- 3 new grandchildren
- Being able to keep in touch with family and friends via Zoom, WhatsApp etc
- Home deliveries for groceries and all sorts of other things
- Places to walk from home
- A hubby that copes with all my little anxieties and frustrations
- A hubby that cooks
- The blogging community
- Books to read
- Puzzles to do (Physical & virtual)
- And lots lots more.
Yes it was hard at times and I've often had to pull myself together but it helps to remember that it could have been so much worse. I'm thankful that it wasn't.
Have a good weekend all.