Thursday 22 April 2021

Life in Lockdown - S is for short - A-Z Challenge 2021

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter S 

Click here for the A-Z blog to find out more about this challenge.

No I am not going to waffle on about the advantages or not of being short.  I could of course waffle on about how lockdown has given us all short tempers (well me at least) but I'm not going to do that either.

I did have Social Media pencilled in for today and I could certainly wax lyrical about the pros and cons of that.  I do have Facebook and Instagram, I've retired my Twitter account as it was sitting there doing nothing and I've refused to be drawn into TikTok.  I even had to check the spelling of that which shows how little I know about it.

Short is for short post.  It's past 10pm here and I AM TIRED!

Apologies for not getting around to other blogs or responding to comments.  Just getting the challenge post done is a challenge at the moment.  I was babysitting Granddaughter Ella to day while her Mummy got her hair done.  Poor Mummy Vicky hadn't had her hair done since pre-lockdown in March 2020.  I was happy to help out.  I know how bad having bad hair can make you feel.  Ella had other ideas.  She did not want Nanny today.  She wanted Mummy.  But of course she couldn't have Mummy, especially once her hair was full or foils and colour etc.  So she cried.  And cried.  Poor little thing.  I did eventually manage to get her to take some milk and then I did get her off to sleep.  I didn't dare put her down though in case she woke so I sat with her.


I hoped that when she woke up she might be in a better mood but oh no.  She still wasn't happy.  The only way she wouldn't keep crying was if I walked around with her singing all sorts of nonsense songs.   If I tried to sit down the crying would start again.   As you can imagine this was stressful for all concerned.  Eventually she fell asleep again and I did manage to put her down.

By the time she woke again Mummy Becca was home and I was glad to let her take over.  We were all relieved though when the hairdresser had finished and Mummy Vicky could give Ella a much needed cuddle.  

I was glad to get home to this:


And now S is for sleep - Goodnight.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Ella. Too bad she was having a bad day but glad she finally settled a bit. Also glad you got that nice glass of red to help settle you!! Hope you are resting well! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.