Saturday 10 April 2021

Life in Lockdown - I is for Inspiration (or Indecision?) - A-Z Challenge 2021

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter I

Click here for the A-Z blog to find out more about this challenge.  

My choice for the letter I was inspiration but I am totally lacking in inspiration right now.  Of course there are lots of inspiring people out there.  Some of them well known, others less so.  I could name lots that cause admiration, some that might actually motivate me but probably not for long.   I definitely wouldn’t call myself a creative person.  Of course I’m capable of creating things but usually following the ideas or instructions of someone else.  I could probably make a stab at copying a drawing or painting and I can follow patterns to create knitted or crocheted items as well as following recipes to make delicious food.

What I can’t do is start any of these things from scratch although sometimes the food might taste like I did.

Yet as a child I had a vivid imagination.  I even had an imaginary friend for a while so I’m told – I don’t really remember that.  But one of the few things I’ve kept from my school years was a story I wrote, probably towards the end of primary school, that detailed a girl’s journey around a fantasy island that earned me an A.  I put a lot of time and effort into that piece of work.  It was definitely one of my more original pieces.

As I’m typing this what I’m feeling is indecisive.  Should I stick with inspiration or choose another word.  What other word could I write about?  One of the issues with feeling anxious or depressed is that even the simplest decisions feel overwhelming so they tend to be ignored or pushed away in the hope that, eventually, the decision might not even have to be made.

But of course some decisions have to be made and this week we’ve actually made some progress on getting things done in our house.  It felt good to take charge of some things and move them along.

Lockdown of course has compounded the problem of indecisiveness but has also given us great inspiration.  Who can forget this guy?  Sir Tom Moore walking laps of his garden to raise money for the NHS.

Captain Tom Moore says a knighthood 'sounds alright' as fundraiser tops £20  million | ITV News

Key workers have just continued to do their jobs, despite the personal risks to themselves.  Volunteers have popped up all over the place helping others.  Scientists working on the vaccine programmes have probably been working around the clock to give us a way out of this nightmare. 

One thing I haven’t been indecisive about is whether to have the vaccination or not.  I’m one down, one to go.  More on that tomorrow. 

 

10 comments:

  1. You guys across the pond, I think have it worse...although we are still in lockdown mode here in NY state. I don't know how you do it, really I don't. Anyways, no vaccine for us, nope. Not meaning to be so blunt or rude about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not rude to state your position Linda. Things are finally starting to ease here.

      Delete
  2. That was the only thing in which I was very good thanks to my blooming phantasy as a child and a lot of imagination. I always had an A in story writing and I loved to write ! As soon as I could write I wrote all kind of little stories. I still have some. And that's what helps me not to loose my mind because I write and don't keep ever worry inside I jus write for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was inspired to talk about indecision. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I got both my shots and glad of it. The virus can be so much worse than the flu and I get the flu shot so I can avoid that illness too. In the beginning I was hesitant about the covid tax - but after so many people got it without any real problems and the death toll is rising from the virus itself, the shot became a no brainer. Glad you are on your way to being fully protected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think we're all a bit wary because of the speed some of the decisions seem to have been made but I certainly think it's safer than getting the virus as my age.

      Delete
  5. I got both of my shots and am happy for it. My doctor talked me into it by showing me data that we don't see in the news. I figure if he got the shots, I would too. I was indecisive until then. So, good for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's hard sometimes to find the truth just by listening to the news. Glad you've got yours Terri

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.