Friday 16 April 2021

Life in Lockdown - New Home & New Hair - A-Z Challenge 2021

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter N

Click here for the A-Z blog to find out more about this challenge.

Well despite being in lockdown on and off for a year we managed to sell our house and buy a new one.

We had decided to sell in early January 2020 before Covid 19 was really known about.  We'd debated the issue on and off for a while but had come to the decision it was the right time to move.

Little did we know that within just a few weeks we would have found a buyer for our house but be in lockdown and unable to move forward with a purchase.  It was a difficult time for sure.

When restrictions were lifted a bit in June 2020 we started looking again, having established that our buyers were still in place.  We managed to find a house we liked and, despite a few ups and downs along the way, we finally moved in September 2020.  It had been a very stressful time but we were here!

Of course there are lots of things we were excited to get done but, once again, we were locked down.

Now that we seem to be coming slowly out of lockdown for what we all hope will be the last time, we've started to tackle some of the things that need doing - well organising people to come and do the things that need doing.

We're having windows replaced at the back of the house, plus the flat roof on the extension.  Once those big jobs have been done we can think about decorating and now we'll be able to get out to shops to look properly at things like paint, wallpaper, fabrics etc.  I'm also looking forward to getting out to garden centres and finding some pots and plants for the garden.  Plus some new garden furniture.  Better make sure Hubby takes his wallet.  Or maybe I should just leave him at home lol.

But then I have saved a fortune during lockdown on hairdresser bills.  I'd been having my hair coloured for years and had always worried about how I might transition back to my own colour if I ever wanted to.  Well lockdown gave me the opportunity to do that.  Because we couldn't visit a hairdresser for so long my roots had grown really long.  When they reopened again in July 2020 I decided to be drastic and just have it cut short with no colour added.  It was still a mixture of colour but it didn't look too bad (read about it here).  I had it cut again a couple of times but the last time, before today, was December 2020.  4 months!

It actually lasted quite well as it had been cut so short.  It was only the last couple of weeks where I'd felt it was getting hard to make it look ok.  But today I visited the salon which is huge so totally distanced from other clients and all masked.

So here we are:  New me


Totally my own colour now which I've got used to.  It's a lot darker at the back still but I can't see that so I don't care.

The next job I need to sort out is getting an eye test and new glasses!

Oh and trying to extend the hours in the day.  Despite not working and having no responsibilities I'm totally winging this A-Z challenge and finding it hard to keep up with all the lovely comments I get and visit other blogs.  Where does the time go?  It just seems to disappear.  Is it just me or is everyone else finding it hard to time manage?  Only answer that if you agree, I don't really want to feel it's just me lol

2 comments:

  1. Well, I love your natural color, Wendy! Mine is darker in the back too. Go figure. I think it is so great that you actually got your new home and got moved, all during this crazy pandemic. Kudos to you and your hubby! I'm so glad your buyers hung in there and it all got done. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural color always looks better than getting it colored. It looks very nice! What sort of glasses are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.