Tuesday 3 January 2023

Book Review - Dissolution by C J Sansom


Dissolution (Matthew Shardlake, #1)Dissolution by C.J. Sansom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is set in 1537, not my usual time period but essentially it is a "whodunnit?".

Henry VIII is on the throne and has appointed himself head of the Church. Great reforms are taking place and under Thomas Cromwell monasteries are being investigated. Dissolution is the plan. But then at a monastery on the Sussex coast one of Cromwell's Commissioners is brutally murdered.

Matthew Shardlake is ordered to investigate and bring the culprit to justice. Aided by an assistant Matthew finds himself questioning everyone and everything as the murder count rises.

I found myself enjoying this book the more I read. It starts off slowly but gathers pace. It's very atmospheric and has quite a few red herrings.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.