Friday 20 January 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 20/1/23


Brrr going back to the wintry picture this week.  We haven't had snow here in London but it has been very cold with a lot of frost.

It's Friday so time to join up with Susanne and others as we look back on the week and count our blessings.  Join in here.

1)  Firstly as it's been so cold I'm thankful that we can keep our heating on without worrying about whether we can afford to.  Energy prices are still very high despite a lot of Government assistance.  We did dig out the hot water bottles this week though and I need to check if we still have an electric blanket - not sure if that made the move here or not!

2)  A trip out with the Knit and Natter group.  We went to a Wool Show in nearby Waltham Abbey and then on to a pub for a Sunday roast dinner.  I had a really nice time.  There were only 6 of us so it was easy to keep track of conversations around the dinner table - we were lucky enough to have a round table which I think works better for conversation with a group of people.

3)  Living so close to countryside.  Despite the cold weather I've been out for a walk a couple of times this week and, although we're in London we have woodlands on our doorstep and getting out for a walk really lifts the spirit.

4)  Online grocery shopping.  Another regular thing on my list here but it does make our lives easier.  In fact online shopping in general.  I bought a lovely kit to knit a pig for Ella at the knitting show but found I needed more needles so I've ordered them online.  Hopefully they will come soon as I'm keen to get started on it.

Although it's knitted on quite small needles so I think it's going to take some concentration.

5)  Free time to spend on things like blogging, knitting and jigsaws!

I'm making progress thankfully - the first couple of days I was doubtful I would keep doing this one!


Still a long way to go though lol.

Have a good weekend all.



14 comments:

  1. interesting list of faves. I too love online shopping...especially in the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love online shopping all year round lol

      Delete
  2. I'm considering going to online ordering for our groceries and then just picking them up. I can't wait to see how the little pig turns out for Ella. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope it turns out cute and I haven't bitten off more than I can chew lol

      Delete
  3. I enjoy ordering online as well, but I've never done that for groceries. I'm glad you're doing okay with the energy issues. Your knit group sounds like fun. I'm still learning to crochet, and a group would certainly help me. I can do a pretty decent single crochet and a " not too bad" double crochet but haven't tried patterns yet. My hat is off to you with jigsaw puzzles. I've never been able to cultivate the patience to do them! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie. I think my stubborn streak helps with jigsaws - I hate giving up on something.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! I also love online shopping. Frees up so much time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends what your shopping for. Groceries I'm usually focussed and it takes very little time. Anything else can find me stuck online for ages lol

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed your list!! I do most of my shopping online these days (other than groceries). I look forward to seeing your finished pig AND the finished puzzle!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the puzzle is coming along. I'm just hoping I haven't bitten off more that I can chew with the pig. It's done on very thin needles!

      Delete
  6. It's so nice to have home heating readily available. I like online shopping, too. We haven't done it for groceries in a while, as we were having problems with substitutions. But I am glad the option is still available. Your group outing sounds like lots of fun. It's good you live in an area where you can get into nature. Those knitted animals look cute. Good work on the jigsaw puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. I am totally geeking about those little knitted animals! Have you seen the Little Cotton Rabbits blog? Use the name then typepad and uk to find her blog. And of course you know my bunny Eleanor :)
    Like you, I love living near more rural areas so we can walk along ponds and streams. I'm glad you were able to get out this week for fresh air.
    Your Knit and Natter group sounds like so much fun. I had to look up that Abbey. My daughter is hoping to start a knit group in our community.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We still have this cold and humid weather, but at least the apartment is warm ! I agree, round tables are much better for conversations then square once. I spent my time with the old photos as I don't like knitting, stitching or whatever, not even sawing a button on a shirt ! Toby is in London with his Dad this weekend, now he is old enough for sight seeings and my son also wanted to show him his house he still has in South Norwood, which has become a very nice area ! I wished he had this house in Amsterdam, which I don't like at all. I call it the Pisa tower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a sweet kit for the knitted animals. I have not let myself get into online shopping cause I know what will happen. I am very thankful for home heating. Good for you for getting out and walking in spite of some of the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.