Friday 13 January 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 13/1/22


It's Friday again so time to take a pause and look back on the good things of the week and then join up at Susanne's site with other bloggers doing the same.

Here are mine:

1.  Getting back into normal routines.  I do love the Christmas period, especially spending time with family and grandkids but routines go out of the window.  This week I've managed to get the house straight again and cleaner.  I feel more settled when things are more routine.

2.  Quiet moments when I can sit and watch the birds in the garden.  There have been a few of these this week - our daughter hasn't been working here as much this week so I've been able to sit with my laptop in the dining room and watch the birds visiting our feeding station.

3.  Walking!  I've managed to get out twice so far this week, despite the fact that we have had a lot of rain.  So much so that the walk around the lake is like a quagmire in places.  Not to be attempted without wellies.  Yesterday I stuck to the park which has concrete paths and managed to dodge the showers.  I do like to get outside and clear the cobwebs away.

4.  Family time last Sunday - we had my younger son and his family here for lunch.  It's lovely when we have them all here watching the grandchildren interact with one another but it's also nice to have one family at a time so that we actually get time to talk.  I know they also appreciate being able to get the kids out of the flat for a break.

5.  Looking at this list it's full of fairly simple things and I'm grateful for a simple life without too many complications or things to worry about.


Not the greatest picture but this Heron stopped by during the week.  He didn't stay long so it was a challenge to get a picture snapped.  Credit for that goes to my daughter who was here that day.

I've also managed to keep up with the Just Jot it January challenge and posted something everyday so far in January.  Hopefully I'll keep that up.

As for the jigsaw puzzle I started, it's going to take a while!

Have a good weekend all.


10 comments:

  1. sounds like a great week full of simple blessings! Love the heron photo and I too love getting outside to do my daily walk. could only go twice this week due to being down wiht a mild flu or whatever it was...i'm thankful it wasn't covid!! Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying the quietness of post-Christmas as well and just relaxing. I haven't been walking much but I'm gearing up to do it - even if it's just a walking DVD. Great heron photo! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I know what you mean about the routine going out the window during the Christmas season. It is nice to get back into it. :-)
    Walking.. me too, I love my daily walk.
    And any time spent with my family.
    I enjoyed the photo of the heron.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to get Christmas put away and the house cleaned and back to "normal". I hope to accomplish that this weekend since I didn't finish the cleaning last weekend when my hot water tank gave up working. Back to normal here, soon! It is so great that your kids and grands are close enough to see them so often. I like your roof-top visitor!! We see them often here in Florida. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good week you have had. Walks do help clear our minds and improve our bodies, even in the rain.
    The heron is my favorite bird! We used to live near a lake and saw them often, but now we live further away so when I do see one, I am thrilled.
    We do love our routines, don't we? It does help to relax when the schedule isn't hectic.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get out and walk too. I am still putting away Christmas. That is a great picture of the Heron!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you also had a lot of rain, we still have every day ! The Christmas decoration I took away slowly slowly because I couldn't stand them anymore. But as I had the flu I did everyday a bit and after two days everything was gone ! I

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking how it's odd we can feel two ways at the same time. Just after the holidays, I both missed having the family here and all the activities, but I loved he quietness and getting back to normal.

    I know what you mean, too, about it being nice to have everyone together but also nice to visit with just one segment of the family. Last weekend we had an outing with one son, d-i-l, and our grandson, and tonight we're going somewhere with my youngest son.

    Nice picture of the heron! I've seen then in lakes or ponds, but not near our house.

    I love simple, everyday pleasures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is nice to be getting back into a routine again after the Christmas visits etc. I hope you find the time to enjoy your jigsaw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your simple blessings. Great big bold blessings are totally wonderful but it's usually these everyday simple ones that make a wonderful life. How cool to get that picture of the heron! Watching the birds at the feeder would be so peaceful. I've always wanted one but we've always had a cat.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.