Sunday 29 January 2023

Just jot it January - Day 29 - Exercise

For all the info on the challenge go here.

Well today's prompt was my idea but I'm not really sure what made me choose exercise considering I do very little of it.  I do try and get out walking as often as I can, even if it's just down to the library or the supermarket and back or a lap of the lake but that's about it.

You won't find me in any strange yoga positions or stretching in a pilates class and definitely not huffing and puffing trying to do aerobics of any sort.

What you will find me doing is exercising my brain.  Both my Mum and an Aunt had Alzheimer's so, as you can imagine, I'm trying to keep my brain fully functioning for as long as possible.

I think blogging definitely helps with that but I also love doing things like Wordle (and Quordle, Octordle and Sedecordle) and I like this site which has lots of Japanese style puzzles.  

Another thing we love to do as a family is the pub quiz in the Saturday newspaper.  We usually get the paper and then send a picture round to our kids and partners.  It can get a bit competitive though.  E.g. yesterday one person said Blink 185 when the actual answer was Blink 182.  Nil points.

I was also cross that the answer for "In the UK, what is the term for a flat with floors on two levels" was Duplex. In the UK?  Whatever happened to maisonette?  

Unfortunately no one felt like giving me a point for that either.

Do you have a favourite type of exercise?  Or are you like me, a bit of a couch potato?  











14 comments:

  1. My daughter and I started exercising toward the end of last year but between getting covid, the holidays and moving my m-i-l here from Oregon we've stopped. Have to get out and go again. I have a free membership through my insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a small rural town, so walking around the neighbord is a 'safe' outdoor activity. I have three dogs that I walk every day, and when the weather allows, I throw in another mile. I'm not a purposeful exerciser. I don't do yoga, aerobics, and such. I do the mental excercises, too. I do the daily Wordle and Wordsccapes, but I've never encountered the three 'ordle' games you listed. I'm going to look into them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful - all these ordles can be time consuming lol

      Delete
  3. Major couch potato here, Wendy. I am so out of shape, it isn't funny anymore. Wishing you a great week ahead, in which you do get a little exercise in!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm down to Wordle, Heardle (I get about 25% of those) and Cladder. I'll check out the Japanese one you mentioned! I love Sudoku - fingers crossed it's there. Is there such a thing as a desk potato? Coz that's where you'll find me most of the day. Thanks again for the prompt word, Wendy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are desk potatoes and yes there are Sudoku on the site.

      Delete
  5. I am certainly a couch potato and fortunately Rick too ! The only thing which I started in 2007 was Yoga but very soft exercises I can do in my bed (stretching) but that keeps fit. I like swimming but no water in my face so my head is out of the water with my neck long like a swans neck. I too prefer brain exercises, I love writing. As for the moment we are submerged with "mental health" suggesting walks in the wood, I bought a very practical step counter, no smart watch (too complicated) I want to know how many steps I have to do to reach 1 km. I was surprised that in the afternoon when I thought I haven't moved I made half a km in my apartment !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising how quickly the steps can add up. Good luck with the counter.

      Delete
  6. My family shares Wordle results everyday on a message thread. I play Quordle, Octordle . . . and now I'm learning from you there's Secadordle!? I better add that one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sedecordle.com - apologies I had it wrong here originally

      Delete
  7. Oh Wendy, you made me smile. ;-)
    Have a great new week!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.