Sunday 15 January 2023

Just Jot it January - Day 15 - Gratitude


The prompt for today is gratitude provided by Carole Anne.  Her blog can be found here.

As always the full details on the Just Jot it January challenge can be found on Linda's blog here.

One of the blog hops that I take part in is all about gratitude.  It's done on a Friday and the aim is to write about five things that we're grateful for from the previous week.

It works for me although I don't get there every week, or on time but it does make me pause and count my blessings.  You can view my most recent Friday's Fave Five post here.

One of the things I'll be including in my list next Friday is a lovely outing today with the knitting group I joined.

The main group meets on Wednesdays during the day which didn't work for me but then not that long ago the organiser set up an evening group.  Not having really got to know anyone here since we moved (apart from our immediate neighbours) I thought it might be a good way to meet new people.  And I can actually knit.

It's a nice group and not too big.  Anyway today 6 of us went to a Wool Show in nearby Waltham Abbey and then we went on to a nearby pub for Sunday lunch.

Despite being anxious about the whole thing I was determined to go.  (Yes I do get anxious, it's not rational but it can be quite debilitating at times.)  I'm trying to say Yes to things like this even if they are out of my comfort zone and to say no when I need to so I don't get overloaded.

I really enjoyed myself.  The wool show wasn't all that exciting but I did buy a kit to make a pig.


I'm hoping to make it for Granddaughter Ella either for her birthday or next Christmas.  I've never made anything like this before so it might take me a while!

10 comments:

  1. Good for you, getting out of your comfort zone and joining a new group of ladies who enjoy knitting! Keep us posted about your progress on the pig!! I have quit being a joiner. Been there, done that and just enjoy smaller groups, less drama, and no stress. I'm older than you!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes I know what you mean about groups being stress and drama.

      Delete
  2. I've always found it hard to try new things on my own. A couple years ago, I decided I needed to push myself. I've found two groups that I really enjoy. I'm not a big 'joiner' but these work for me! The piggie kit is so cute. I'm sure Ella will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you find the right thing it's not too hard.

      Delete
  3. You have to show us when you make the pig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you could go to the wool show. I think your granddaughter will love the little pig. I totally understand anxiety. I deal with that myself and often have to push myself to be social, but I am trying to do better. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must keep us updated on the progress on that fun pig, how cute!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.