Wednesday 4 January 2023

Book Review - Just My Luck by Adele Parks

Start here

Just My LuckJust My Luck by Adele Parks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I guess at some point most of us will have thought about what it could mean to win a big lottery win. How would we spend the money? How it would affect our lives?

Lexi and Jake find themselves in this position after winning almost £18 million. The tale is certainly gripping and had me reading the book in two sittings. The win is complicated by the fact that originally 3 couples were in a syndicate together but the week before the big win 2 of the couples drop out.

What happens to Lexi, Jake and their family is a cautionary tale. Be careful what you wish for.

The relationships between the 3 couples and their families are complicated. The fall out from the win is in some parts predictable, in others less so and the ending is surprising. But I didn't feel in a good way which is why I couldn't give the book 5* even though I kept wanting to turn the pages to see what was going to happen next.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Thanks for your book reviews, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always appreciate your book reviews. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.