Tuesday 4 April 2023

A - Z Challenge 2023 - C is for Cousins

#AtoZChallenge 2023
Please check out the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge
#AtoZChallenge
a-to-zchallenge.com

This year I'm writing about things connected with Being a Grandparent.  For an introduction to my grandchildren check out my theme reveal here.

Cousins

Of course these 6 grandchildren of mine are each other’s cousins.  Extended family is so important – I grew up seeing quite a bit of my cousins.  Many years there would be a family holiday and there were always occasions like Christmas or big birthdays, weddings etc when the family would get together.

Hubby’s family is the same and there are even more of them – my children have 22 cousins each just on his side of the family and there were always get togethers when they were growing up.  Now that most of those cousins are now paired off and many have children of their own we need to hire a hall to get everyone together or find a large field!

For now though our 6 grandchildren love getting together.  When my elder son and his family visit it’s usually for a few days at a time and we always try and make sure there is plenty of cousin time!  When we moved to our current house back in 2020 a few people asked us if we were downsizing.  The answer was no.  If anything this house is slightly bigger than our old house and the layout (apart from the “lap”) is much better as it means we have the space to have everyone here.  

In fact at Christmas 2021 everyone was here and they all slept over on Christmas night.  Hubby and I ended up on an airbed downstairs in the lounge but we coped.

Christmas lunch 2021

I’m just glad that we can help make memories for these cousins to look back on when they’re older.

5 comments:

  1. I was lucky to have some close cousin relationships but as most of them were about 10 years older than me, it wasn't until I was an adult. Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousins were (and still are) such a big part of my life. My blog tomorrow (Hodgepodge) has a little about my cousins. My family isn't as big as yours but Joe's is big and he enjoyed his cousins, too. Family - the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have cousijns, cousins once-removed, second cousins, second cousins once-removed.... I've lost count of just how many. I have two cousins that are in-laws to each other. Problem is, I've kind of lost touch with them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for them to enjoy cousin time! I only have 5 first cousins, and three of them were 8, 10, and 12 years older than me. I thought they were super cool, but I was just an annoying kid for many years (they may STILL think of me this way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been impressed with your family gatherings. I lost touch with many of my cousins years ago.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.