Friday 21 April 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 21/4/23


It's Friday again so time to catch up with Susanne and others to list our Five good things from the last week.  Join in here.

For anyone expecting to find an A-Z post it's here.

1)  A lazyish week after the last couple that were more hectic.  Having guests is lovely but having some quiet time is good too.  I've managed to do quite a bit of reading this week in between catching up with chores.

2)  A meal out with Hubby on Tuesday for his birthday.  We tried out another local pub.  The pub was closed and a bit run down when we first moved here but it's been completely renovated and now it's a lovely pub with a big garden.  It was very quiet in there on Tuesday but the food was good though.

3)  A visit from Nathan and Ella also on Tuesday.  We hadn't seen much of them while our visitors were here so it was good to see them.  I also got to take Nathan to his tennis lesson yesterday.

4)  A good update from my eldest brother - he's currently undergoing chemo.  He's midway through the cycles of treatment so he'd been for scans and blood tests and his consultant was very pleased with the results.  

5)  Some lovely sunny days this week - it's a bit miserable today but earlier in the week it was warmer and we had some lovely sunshine.  Makes getting out for walks much more appealing.

We were going to have Nathan here for a sleepover tonight but unfortunately he was sick overnight so that's not happening now.  Hopefully he'll be better by tomorrow as we were planning on going bowling with him.  I haven't been bowling in years!  Wish me luck lol

Have a great weekend all.


8 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a quiet week after busy ones. Sounds like a fun time for your husband's birthday. I'm so glad your brother is doing well with his treatments and the results are good. I hope Nathan feels better soon. We go bowling maybe once every other year when everyone is here. It's fun even though none of us is an expert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need to listen to our body and rest. That is what I a doing today as I fight a sinus issue. Good time for me to blog and read. Glad the chemo is working for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bowling!! It has been more than 30 years since I tried bowling! Good luck and have fun!! Happy birthday to your hubby! Glad you had some down time and could read and relax a bit! Have a good weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quiet weeks...my spring break was kind of like that with several day trips in between quieter days.

    I hope your grandson is feeling much better so you can take him bowling. We used to bowl often with the girls when they were little....haven't been in YEARS. I 'm not super great at it even though BOTH my parents were in bowling leagues when I was growing up.

    I LOVE the spring sunshine. We've had some rain this week but also several days of warm sun.

    HAPPY WEEKEND

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ages that I haven't played bowling, I love to play without looking at the keys I just throw the ball and mostly it works which makes the others "angry"! I caught a cold yesterday and Dario is coming with Toby. At least they can help me a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice quiet week after some hectic ones is awesome. Enjoy every moment. The new pub sounds like its now a nice place to get out and enjoy some good food. That is good news about your brother. Praying the treatments continue to go well for him. I used to love bowling with the kids when they were little. Haven't done it in many a year now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been out of the blogging loop and didn't realize your brother is undergoing treatment. Sending best wishes for him. It sounds like you've been quite busy. You've given me another idea for when my grandkids visit this summer. They love bowling! I used to bowl, but my back complains, so I keep score (although there's not much need for it at the newer lanes these days.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news on your brother's treatment!
    Quiet weeks are so pleasant and necessary. Guests are fun, but empty houses are fun, too.
    I hope Nathan is fine today so you were able to go bowling with him.
    We are all looking forward to more sunshine and warm weather!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.