Friday 28 April 2023

A - Z Challenge - 2023 - X is for Xylophones

#AtoZChallenge 2023
Please check out the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge
#AtoZChallenge
a-to-zchallenge.com

This year I'm writing about things connected with Being a Grandparent.  For an introduction to my grandchildren check out my theme reveal here.

X is for Xylophones - just one of the many instruments that can be found as toys for children.  Drums, keyboards, trumpets, tambourines, maracas etc etc.  

In my opinion these are not musical instruments, they are all just NOISY toys!  Put them together with noisy grandchildren and you need earplugs.  

Even the ones that play pre-programmed tunes are not great to listen to.  The quality of sound is just not great with most of them, unless of course you're prepared to spend a fortune on them.

Plus xylophones and drums for example come with sticks.  Children love sticks but not necessarily for making tunes on an instrument.  Sometimes sticks need to be confiscated.

Saucepans and wooden spoons work just as well.


5 comments:

  1. I always liked to give Xylophones as gifts to little ones to drive their parents crazy LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to tune the sounds out. my grands are older, so the house is more quiet now. The grands played the xylophones when young and now play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... this made me think of a saxophone toy we got for our grandson, Tristan, when he was around three years old. It was cute the first time he played it and made us all what to break it not long after. He loved it so much and we still laugh about it!! Only two more, Wendy! Good job, as usual, with the A-Z!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie (jannghi.blogspot.com):
    Xylophones came to my mind when trying to find something for my X post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of ours had two obnoxious nephews whose mother was equally obnoxious. She gave hem one slide whistle that they could "share" one year for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.