Saturday 29 April 2023

A - Z Challenge 2023 - Y is for Youthful

#AtoZChallenge 2023
Please check out the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge
#AtoZChallenge
a-to-zchallenge.com

This year I'm writing about things connected with Being a Grandparent.  For an introduction to my grandchildren check out my theme reveal here.

I'd like to think that spending so much time with my grandchildren will keep me youthful.  After all I've done lots of walking with them.  Lots of lifting and getting up and down from the floor.  Even chasing after them sometimes.

Unfortunately that's not the reality.  My legs in particular often refuse to play ball.  

We had Ella here on Monday.  She loves to play with playdoh at the moment but insists on sitting on the table with it.


My legs would complain at sitting like that.  She also spent quite a while in a squatting position.  Her bottom was almost touching the floor she was so low to the ground and then she just stands up with total ease.

I used to be able to do that.  I really could.  I could do the splits when I was younger.  Now everything protests at moving out of the bed in the mornings.

I like to think that even if my body isn't so youthful that my brain is but then I watch the kids using iPads and phones and think I'm losing the plot there too.  

So the grandchildren are not keeping me youthful, but they do make me happy.  I'll settle for that.

4 comments:

  1. As you said earlier they are the reason we get out of bed in the morning so maybe there is a little truth in the saying, 'children keep you young'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grinning...thank you for the many smiles. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, definitely could not sit like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is almost like kids are born already knowing how to use technology. Crazy stuff!! I have sure enjoyed your A-Z and look forward to one more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.