Friday 28 April 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 28/4/23




Friday again (how?) so time to look back on the week and share the good things.  Thanks to Susanne for hosting - find out more here.

1)  I've finished my posts for the A-Z Challenge.  This is a challenge I've done for quite a few years now in April with posts working the way through the alphabet.  (More info here.)  The challenge ends on Sunday and my posts are scheduled to post.  It's been a bit of a panic the last week as I wasn't very prepared but I'm pleased to have completed another year.

2)  Time with Grandkids Nathan and Ella this week.  Nathan didn't get his sleepover or bowling trip last weekend as he was sick but he's better now and has been back at school this week after the Easter break.  I collected him from school on Thursday and then took him to his tennis session.  We also looked after Ella on Tuesday afternoon as both Mummies had things to do.  


She does like to sit on the table when playing with things.

I was also able to help my younger son and his wife out on Wednesday by picking Rory up from school.  He's always excited when he sees me waiting for him.

I'm thankful that we can help out with childcare like this for them.  

3)  A hubby who likes shopping.  I didn't have my usual delivery today so instead we went to the supermarket.  Hubby never complains about going shopping.

4)  A Knit and Natter session Wednesday evening.  We were only a small group of 3 this week but I was glad to go as I missed the last one when out visitors were here.

5)  A video call catch up with 2 of my cousins this morning.

Now we have a busy weekend - my older son and his family are down for the weekend as Nathan's 6th birthday party is tomorrow and then Hubby and I are off to a friend's 60th birthday party on Sunday. 

Have a good weekend all.

7 comments:

  1. How can Nathan be SIX already?!! Gosh, time goes so fast. A good list, Wendy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grands are growing up so quickly (like mine do). Happy Birthday to Nathan!
    My hubby does most of our shopping because he knows I really don't enjoy it. Today he came home with three large bags full of food.
    How sweet to have the video chats with your cousins.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the A to Z once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Nathan! It's so nice to be near enough to help our kids and grandkids. I don't know if my husband likes shopping, but he doesn't mind doing it. Glad you got to catch up with your knitting friends and cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to the grandson! WOW i remember when you showed pics of him as a baby.
    The granddaughter Ella is just adorable! LOVE the bow in the hair :)
    that's a huge blessing to be able to help out with childcare issues for your adult children AND you get to see the grands!
    HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice for you and for the parents that you can help out with the grandkids. I enjoyed reading some of your April A-Z challenge. It would be cute to make the posts into a little book for your grandkids someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 6 already! Happy birthday to Nathan. So wonderful that you are able to help with the grandkids when needed. I know how much I appreciated my Mom when the kids were little.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.