Thursday 27 April 2023

A - Z Challenge 2023 - W is for Walking

#AtoZChallenge 2023
Please check out the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge
#AtoZChallenge
a-to-zchallenge.com

This year I'm writing about things connected with Being a Grandparent.  For an introduction to my grandchildren check out my theme reveal here.

Oh my goodness - I should rename this post winging it!  This is the first post I've done on the day so far in the challenge.  All my others have been pre-prepared and scheduled to post.  Ooops!

Anyway, if I had a pound for all the miles I've walked with my grandchildren I think I'd be rich.  Having looked after Nathan, Rory and Vinny on a regular basis at various times, taking them for a walk was usually part of the daily routine unless the weather was really bad.

Of course it was a good way of getting them to sleep if they needed a nap and that gave me an often much needed break lol.

It also kept me reasonably fit especially when I had Nathan - the family were living in Muswell Hill at the time and the area is definitely hilly!  Oh my goodness pushing him up the hill to the shops was hard work.  Of course on the way back it was downhill but even that was challenging - I was glad of the hand strap on the handle of the buggy so that there was no risk of it running away from me.  Alexandra Palace was on the doorstep and there was a park nearby with a playground which was good if it wasn't nap time.

Rory and Vinny are just 5 minutes away from a lovely big park that as well as a playground has a lake with lots of ducks and swans to watch.  And the ground is much more level!

Nathan

Ella

Vinny

Rory

Couldn't find a pic of Rory asleep in the buggy but he was quite easy to get down for a nap in the cot so he often stayed awake when we were out walking, especially in the park as he was very interested in all the trees, squirrels etc.

Of course the bigger boys no longer use the buggies and it won't be long before the little ones won't want to be confined to them either.  Then taking them out for a walk will come with a whole new set of challenges!



1 comment:

  1. I love that you live so close to a great park for the kids and for walking with them. I've enjoyed your A-Z again this year, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.