Thursday 6 April 2023

A - Z Challenge 2023 - E is for Ella

#AtoZChallenge 2023
Please check out the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge
#AtoZChallenge
a-to-zchallenge.com

This year I'm writing about things connected with Being a Grandparent.  For an introduction to my grandchildren check out my theme reveal here.

Ella






Ella is our only granddaughter and the youngest of our grandchildren.  I don’t think that is going to be a problem for her.  She is a very determined little girl – knows her own mind and will not be taking any nonsense from all those boys.

Unfortunately she also seems prone to catching every bug and germ going.  This has resulted in her needing to use inhalers and several overnight visits to the hospital.  Hopefully as she gets older she’ll develop a better immunity to all the coughs and colds but I think it’s partly due to being a lockdown baby – not mixing with other children so much to build up her immune system.

It wasn’t much fun for my DILs, being pregnant during a pandemic but of course when they were trying to get pregnant no one knew what was coming. 

Ella looks very like her Mummy did as a child.  She’s what I call a dainty child – episodes of illness don’t go well with eating so she’s quite slender but also tall.  It’s also made her quite clingy and not the easiest of the grandchildren to babysit.  The last couple of times have been better though.

I had her during the day recently and we spent a long time playing with playdough.  I missed the photo opportunity though – we were using the dining table and instead of sitting or kneeling on one of the chairs Ella climbed onto the table and sat herself there while we played.  I wish my joints were as supple as hers!

The last evening babysit went better too – I managed to get her asleep and into her cot.  It took a long time though – Nanny had to go through her whole repertoire of lullabies, songs, carols etc before she finally dropped off and I could put her down but at least she was asleep when her Mummies came home unlike the previous time when both children were still up watching TV.

I’ve been asked if she’s likely to be more spoiled as she’s the only granddaughter but I try very hard not to have any favourites although I spoil them all to some degree.  That’s part of the fun of being a grandparent isn’t it?  Although I also try hard to not go against any rules the parents may have on what the grandchildren can or cannot do/have and so on.

Ella knows lots of words but chats are still a bit full of gobbledygook at the moment although she’s fluent with a lot of nursery rhymes/songs if you listen to her singing away to herself.  Too cute!

4 comments:

  1. Being able to spoil them and getting away with it, is oneof the joys of being a grandparent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella is a cutie. Grandchildren are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful and she will, of course, be spoiled!! The only girl!! The boys will protect her and they will also make sure she can hold her own! Keep us posted, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those covid babies! They didn't catch all those normal colds and such because of quarantine, and now that the quarantine is over, they are catching allllll the things. Hopefully she will get past it soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.