Friday 14 April 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 14/4/23


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne here.

Susanne reminds us each Friday to look back on the week and think about the good things that have happened.

Well it's been a busy but good week here.

1)  We hosted my son's in-laws from Vermont here from Wednesday of last week until today.  They stay with us as my son's flat isn't big enough for them to stay there so we've seen a lot of our son, his wife and Rory and Vinny over the last week or so - even having them staying overnight several times.  I'm thankful that we have a big enough house to be able to do this.

2)  Good weather over the Easter weekend.  

3)  A nice evening out on Wednesday - our guests insisted on taking us out for a meal as a thank you for hosting them.  We just went to one of our local pubs but the food was really good and we had a nice evening.

4)  Ella seems to be getting over another virus of some sort.  She was quite unwell at the weekend but she didn't get wheezy as she has done before and although she's still coughing a bit she's definitely getting better.  

5)  Hubby has got his new hearing aids which are stronger than his old ones so he's hearing better.  Less shouting for me to do lol.

My son's in-laws are lovely and really easy to host but of course you don't really relax when you're hosting visitors so I've been glad of a quiet day today - our guests left early this morning and although my son worked here until lunchtime and my daughter was working here all day I've been able to just relax all day.

I hope to get around to catching up on blogs and responding to comments over the weekend.


8 comments:

  1. Rest well after your visitors! Even when it's family and a good visit, it can be tiring but it sounds like it was a good visit. I'm sure you're relieved that Ella is improving. Some of these viruses hang on forever! I'm glad your husband got stronger hearing aids. I'm heading in that direction too, I think. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice that you have such a good relationship with the inlaws. We have none. In the beginning we saw them on Toby's birthdays but that is long gone too. The father wrote me a mail when Rick died, the mother nothing. I have my friend Dominique here of the weekend, but that is real nice, we have exactly the same tastes and each one does what she wants. She loves coming here, she says that she feels on holidays, it's true the view of my apartment is real "holiday" !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful of you to host your son's inlaws! The week sounds like it was nice for you. It's always nice to get treated out to dinner!
    I hope you enjoy a nice quiet Spring weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. L'anonymous it's me Gattina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you men--even with easy, loved visitors, it's still kind of a relief when everything gets back to normal. I'm glad Ella's better. Yay for new hearing aids. So far we don't need them, but it made such a difference when my m-i-l got new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy,
    Yum, that you were treated out for dinner.
    I am so happy for all the family time you have enjoyed. And good weather too. Yippee!
    Carla from the River

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure that your guests thought your weather was wonderful and balmy. It was good that everyone got along so well. And that meal out--I do love British fish and chips and pot pies. Yum.
    My mother-in-law had the saying, "I love it when you come, and I love it when you go." Exactly right.
    Glad Ella is better and happy for you both that the new hearing aids are working well.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice that you could host your sons in law and that you had some good family time. It's hard when little ones don't feel well. Glad Ella is doing better. New hearing aids must be a relief for your hubby. I know how frustrating it is for my mom when hers don't work as well as they should.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.