Friday 14 April 2023

A - Z Challenge 2023 - L is for Love

#AtoZChallenge 2023
Please check out the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge
#AtoZChallenge
a-to-zchallenge.com

This year I'm writing about things connected with Being a Grandparent.  For an introduction to my grandchildren check out my theme reveal here.

Our capacity to love is a wonderful thing.

Having gone from 1 grandchild in 2017 to having 3 by mid 2018 and then 6 by the end of 2020 I am amazed at my ability to love them all.

Of course there are times when they frustrate me, same as my own kids did.  There are also times when they make me angry but always the love is there.  And it's unconditional.  

I've been asked if I feel the same love for Ella as there is no biological link with her (my daughter carried Nathan, her wife carried Ella) and my response was of course I do - she's my granddaughter! Why would I not love her?  Or love her any less?  I liken that to would I love their children if they were adopted?  Of course I would.

There are no limits on our ability to love.



3 comments:

  1. Agreed! That's a lot of grandkids in a short period!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Wendy! My boys are step-children but they are MY boys. I love them as if they were mine. I often say that love lines are just as strong as blood lines (sometimes stronger!). Love this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,
    Wow, I am in shock that someone would even ask such a question.
    But then again, I was asked if I was brokenhearted because I had only boys and no girls. And what a shame that was. I said, NO, I am thankful for my healthy boys and I love them... no shame.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.