Friday 5 April 2019

E is for Experimenting

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter

This year I decided not to tie myself to a theme.  I wanted to do something that felt more like writing rather than composing posts.  I didn’t want it to be a story that had to be followed from start to finish so what I’ve ended up with are: “Conversations in my Head”.

I really feel that Wendy is not fully committed to using me as her muse.  She’s always saying Alice don’t do this or Alice don’t do that.  It’s very boring sometimes.  I come up with lots of helpful ideas and it’s really hard getting her to use any of them.  She definitely doesn’t like experimenting.


I don’t really understand why although I do know that she’s always been a very cautious person.  She doesn’t even like fairground rides or flying.


Alice if you are going to start without me at least stick to the truth.  I don’t dislike flying.  I’m certainly not scared of flying.  I’m scared of being stuck in my seat with the seatbelt sign lit up and needing to go to the loo.  And actually considering my recent travels I’m even dealing with that.


But there are lots of things you won’t try.


Have you been talking to my hubby?


Don’t be silly.  I’m your muse not his.  I can only be one person’s muse at a time.  Although if one isn’t letting me in I could always ……


What do you mean?  I didn’t know I might have to share you.


It isn’t sharing if you get blocked and don’t let me in.  Anyway it’s not like I go off and find someone else to inspire.  I just…


Just what?


Wait I suppose.  I don’t really know.  It’s like being drugged I guess.  You fall asleep.  Time passes.   
And then you wake up.


I wouldn’t know.  I’ve never experimented with drugs.  So you can add that to your knowledge of how boring I am.


Not that boring.  Some of your first few experiments with dating were far from boring.


Well I was young and stupid and if you reveal more than that I will definitely develop writers block!


Ok but can I talk about the time you experimented with Schnapps?


If you must.


Well readers, it was on her honeymoon.  Wendy and Hubby went to Austria for their honeymoon.   
They stayed in a lovely hotel by a lake (not that they saw much of it – honeymoon and all that)


Keep it clean Alice!  This blog isn’t adult content rated.


Spoilsport.  Anyway one evening they did venture out for an organised event which included playing something like ten pin bowling.  One of the perks of the evening was that if you knocked all the pins down in one go you got a shot of schnapps.  Well, it turns out Wendy is not bad at ten pin bowling.  But she’s not very good at coping with several shots of schnapps.  I won’t embarrass her by revealing more.


Phew!  I thought you might reveal how I managed to block the toilet cistern in the hotel room.


Funny, sometimes Wendy you can embarrass yourself without any help from me at all.
 

2 comments:

  1. Ha... good one, Wendy! May be E also stands for embarrassing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha tell Wendy I can embarrass myself too!!😊

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.