Tuesday 23 April 2019

T is for Trouble & Tea

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter

This year I decided not to tie myself to a theme.  I wanted to do something that felt more like writing rather than composing posts.  I didn’t want it to be a story that had to be followed from start to finish so what I’ve ended up with are: “Conversations in my Head”.


Wendy, why, as a tea lover, have you just spilt a whole mug of tea on the carpet?

Alice don’t be smart.  I didn’t do it on purpose.  It was an accident.  My readers were right when they said you were trouble.

Why does that make me trouble?  I just asked a question?

Really?  You didn’t ask how I managed to spill it but why?  Which implies that I did it on purpose.

Goodness you’re grumpy today.

Well so would you be if you had a bruised bottom and were finding it hard to sit comfortably.

Well if you will drop on your bottom to slide down the stairs what do you expect?

I didn’t drop, I fell.  Accidentally.

You seem a bit accident prone if you don’t mind me saying?

Not really Alice.

Oh?  What about when you fell over at your daughter’s house and almost fractured your leg?  Not to mention the bruises to your arm.  And your pride.

Yes well that should have been avoided.

So should the slip on the stair.  Those stairs to the kitchen are tricky and there’s no handrail.  And you were carrying too many things as usual.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Alice.

Is that where you claim to have eyes in the back of your head?  It might work for little children but not for me.

No, it’s being smart after an event.

Well it wasn’t smart to fall down the stairs or spill the tea.

I know that Alice.  And yes I am grumpy today.  It’s not nice being in pain.

Well at least this pain in your backside is real and you can’t attribute it to me!

Don’t tempt me Alice.

Now it seems to me that what you need is a nice cup of tea.  Just don’t throw it over the floor again.

Right now Alice I’m more likely to throw it at you.

That would be child abuse and, as I’m in your head, it would also be incredibly stupid and a waste of good tea.

Yep, definitely trouble with a capital T!
 

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! Easily done when you are trying to do too many things at once which is the norm for most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used your bottom as a sleigh to get down the steps ? Not a good idea ! Dropping the cup of tea is nothing, the only wrong thing was that you didn't drop it on Alice's feet !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! Be careful, Wendy! Sorry you are hurting and Alice is trouble!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to your for embarking on the AtoZ again! It's definitely a commitment and not for the faint of heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.