Monday 22 April 2019

S is for Singing in the Shower

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter

This year I decided not to tie myself to a theme.  I wanted to do something that felt more like writing rather than composing posts.  I didn’t want it to be a story that had to be followed from start to finish so what I’ve ended up with are: “Conversations in my Head”.


You woke me up!

Well Alice it’s a bit late for you to be asleep.  Especially when I need inspiration.  We’re on letter S.

Yes but it’s early, even by your standards.  And you were singing!  Has anyone ever told you you’re not a great singer?  But there’s an S word for you.

I know I’m not great at singing Alice but I’m only doing it in my head so it’s ok.

No, it’s, not!  I’m in your head.  Singing is most disconcerting.

You should be happy that I’m up and that I’m happy.  I only tend to sing in my head when I’m relaxed and happy.

Well good for you but I was happy sleeping.

Are you feeling ok Alice?  You’re very grumpy today.

Well, since you ask, I’m not feeling ok, I’m very grumpy and I want to know who Alexa is?

Alexa?

Yes you know, the other woman you talk to.

Well Alexa is like a personal assistant.  I can ask her anything.  She can then search the internet for an answer or play me music or tell me if it’s going to rain today.

Well clever her.

Umm you’re not jealous are you Alice?

Of course not!  Why should I be jealous of something that’s not real?  Anyway you weren’t singing in your head.  You were singing out loud.  But it’s always children’s songs.  You spend too much time with the children.

Are you sure I wasn’t singing “I’m still standing” by Elton John.  That one is permanently in my head.

Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Exactly.  Nathan loves it.  He asks for it to be played all the time.  Alexa comes in very useful for that one.

Well for your information I do not like it when you sing!  And I’m sure I can answer your questions just as well as this Alexa person.

Can you tell me if it will rain today?

No but …

Can you tell me when 5 minutes is up?

Of course I’ll just count to 300.

Very accurate.
Can you close my curtains for me or turn the lights off?

I don’t believe Alexa can do that!

Well not in this house she can’t because we don’t have everything automated but it’s possible.  I could even use her to control the music being played.

Can she turn off your singing?

Of course not.

Well then I’m better than her because I can do that! 

Really?  How?  Alice?  ALICE?
 

8 comments:

  1. This is such a clever idea for the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Love this. Especially if this Alice has something in common with the Red Queen from Resident Evil.

    ~Operation Awesome. Our A to Z 2019 theme is the writing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny!! Such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever girl! I like this Wendy. What a fun 'non-theme!' I know it doesn't matter but I want to go back to the beginning when the A to Z challenge is done and read them all.- Dragons & Spaceships

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Best Fabric Shower Curtain Liners

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. How to Clean a Shower Curtain without Taking It Down

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.