Wednesday 3 April 2019

Wednesday Medley - 3/4/19


Today's A-Z post is here.

The Wednesday Medley is hosted by Terri over at Your Friend from Florida.
The questions usually start with the National Day and follow on from there. No rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to over at Terri's site and see who else is joining in the fun.

 
Today is National Filmscore Day.  More information on that can be found on Terri's site or here
 
1.  Let's talk about film scores/songs.  What is the first one that you thought about when you saw today's subject?
Sound of Music.  
 
2.  Do you remember the first movie you ever saw on the "big screen"?  Would you tell us about it?
As above.  I've watched it many times  and love that my kids love it too.  A group of us even went to a sing along screening of it.  Great fun.
 
3.  Who is your favourite female movie star?  Who is your favourite male movie star?  Go ahead and list more than one if you must.
I'm not sure I really have a favourite female "movie" star.  I really like some of our British actresses such as Helen Mirren, Judi Dench & Maggie Smith but they are probably better known for their TV and theatre roles than as true movie stars.  As for the men well give me a film with George Clooney or Johnny Depp and I'll happily watch it!
 
4.  How about those old black & white movies!  Which one do you always stop and watch, even just a little, when channel surfing?
Nope, black & white movies don't catch my attention.
 
5.  Is there a movie quote that makes you laugh or one that you repeat often in life that you can share with us?  Will we know what movie it comes from without you telling us?
I'm pretty rubbish at remembering quotes, let alone using them in real life, but one that sticks in my mind that's pretty memorable is "Houston, we have a problem." 
 
6.  Please share something random about your week with us.
It was Mothering Sunday last weekend and I was lucky enough to see all my kids and Grandkids.  What a great present for me!
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mothering weekend to you a little late!!! So happy you got to see everyone! That speaks volumes of what a great job you did mothering them!!!! Hugs to you! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember quotes to save my life...if I hear them I know where they came from...but for me to just come up with one...not so much.
    The Sound of Music is such a great answer! Loved your answers! Have a nice Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day last weekend! Ours here in the USA is in May. Thanks for joining the Medley today, especially when you also had your A-Z to do! It has been fun comparing answers!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.