Wednesday 24 April 2019

Wednesday Medley - 24/4/19

The Wednesday Medley is hosted by Terri over at Your Friend from Florida.
The questions usually start with the National Day and follow on from there. No rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to over at Terri's site and see who else is joining in the fun.

 

Today is National Pigs in Blankets Day.  More information on that can be found on Terri's site.



1.  Typically served as an hors d'oeuvre, have you ever made or had a Pig-in-a-Blanket?  Do you like Pigs-in-a-Blanket?
I have made them in the past but it's so easy to buy them that I rarely make them now. 
2.  Pigs-in-a-blanket are also known as devils on horseback, kilted sausages, and wiener winks. (Seriously.)  Please make up another name for this fun little appetizer!  
Bacon bangers.
3.  In the UK, pigs-in-blankets are small sausages, or chipolatas wrapped up in bacon.  Which country's version is most appealing to your taste buds?
I prefer our version but mainly because that's what I'm used to.  We also have them as part of our main course at Christmas not as an hors d'oeuvre.
4.  The first written record of pigs-in-a-blanket occurs in Betty Crocker's Cooking for Kids in 1957.  In this digital world, do you still have a favorite cookbook you use most of the time?  Is there a recipe you can share with us from that cookbook?
I have a lot of cookbooks but the one I use for reference most often is my Good Housekeeping Cookery Book.  Unless I'm after a chocolate fix then I'll be looking at the other book pictured here.
I don't often use a recipe from the Good Housekeeping book but it's got lots of good information in it particularly about cooking for large numbers and storing food which is useful when you have to cook for large gathering sometimes.
5.  What is your favorite cooking show on TV?
Great British Bake Off
6.  Tell us something random about your week, please!
We're finally getting the roof works done that need doing.  We spoke to the roofer quite a while ago and agreed the quote but circumstances and weather meant the works only started this week.  In the meantime we've added on replacing the felt on the shed roof as that got damaged in the last storm we had.  Once the roof works are done we can move on to the next thing on the endless to do list for the house! 

Thanks Terri for the questions.

7 comments:

  1. I guess i am alone in not liking those little pigs in a blanket - HA! Everyone else loves them - HA! Have a great day Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People always tell me how amusing Great British Bake-off is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the Great British Bake Off too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to check out this Great British Bake Off... Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about the endless list of things to improve in the house. UGH! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can identify with the endless to do list on the house! We're getting our ready so we can sell this summer. All of the sudden we see everything that needs repair. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like home repairs/updates just never end. Glad the roofers are finally there for you! Thanks for joining the Medley, Wendy! I am sure I would enjoy looking through that chocolate cookbook! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.