Tuesday 9 April 2019

H is for Home

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter

This year I decided not to tie myself to a theme.  I wanted to do something that felt more like writing rather than composing posts.  I didn’t want it to be a story that had to be followed from start to finish so what I’ve ended up with are: “Conversations in my Head”.


Wendy, what are you doing?

Not now Alice I’m busy.

You don’t look busy to me.  You look frazzled.  And you’re surrounded by books.

Go away Alice.

But what are you doing with all these books.  Books are for reading, or writing though fat chance of that if you won’t even listen to me.  They are certainly not for piling into a heap.

I’m Kondo-ing them.

What?

You know – using the Marie Kondo method to straighten out my home.  To get it decluttered.  To make it organised.  Minimalist.

No chance of that.  Anyway this is supposed to be your home not a showhouse.  It’s never going to be a showhouse with all the comings and goings of the kids and now the Grandkids.  As fast as you’re getting rid of things more of their stuff seems to appear.  Like the travel cot that seems to be a permanent fixture.  It doesn’t do much travelling.

Well that’s because the kids do the travelling – to here.  And then when they need somewhere to sleep I have the cot for them.

Hmm so what’s the plan for the books?  Please tell me you’re not getting rid of them.

Not all of them no.  But some need to go.  They are taking over the house.  We’re running out of space.

Running out of space?  This house has 4 bedrooms, 5 if you count the office/dumping ground box room and only 2 of you live here.

Well you could only just about get a bed in the box room so I’m not sure that constitutes a bedroom although I’m sure the estate agents would.

Hang on, estate agents?  Are you thinking of selling?

Absolutely not!  I am very happy in my home.  I just want it to be tidy.  And organised.

You’re repeating yourself.

Alice of course I’m repeating myself – I’m having to talk to you as well as myself!

No need to get cross.  Just because you wish you hadn’t started this task and can’t face finishing it.

How did you know that?

I know everything about you.  How you love your home.  Who wouldn’t when it’s in such a good spot?  Lovely outlook but close to all amenities.  Lots of space.  Easily managed garden.  Well, with the help of the gardener.

I can’t help having dodgy knees and a dodgy back that make gardening a bit risky.

Oh and heaving all your books into one place isn’t risky?  Especially up and down all those stairs.

That’s different.

And……where is my book?

Ummmm

Yes?

I think it might be in the loft.

IN THE LOFT!  I’ve been consigned to the loft?!

Not just you.  Katy, and Heidi, Jo and her sisters to name just a few.  I really must get hubby up there to hunt them out.   Although one voice in my head is bad enough.  Perhaps I should let sleeping dogs lie.
Alice?
 
Oh dear.  I thinks she’s gone off in a huff.  Well at least I can back to the book sorting.  

5 comments:

  1. That was fun! Be careful lugging around heavy stacks of books though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun Wendy.. keep them coming. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. dịch vụ sửa nhà

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.