Wednesday 10 April 2019

I is for Imagination

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter

This year I decided not to tie myself to a theme.  I wanted to do something that felt more like writing rather than composing posts.  I didn’t want it to be a story that had to be followed from start to finish so what I’ve ended up with are: “Conversations in my Head”.


You know Wendy, you actually have a pretty good imagination.

Why thank you Alice.  Umm is there a catch to that?  It’s not like you to compliment me.

Well of course most of it is down to me.

Umm really?  I was doing pretty well before you arrived.  I had an imaginary friend when I was little.  I was pretty good at making up stories.

Imaginary friend?  I’m not an imaginary friend.  I’m real!

Alice you were invented.  By Lewis Carroll and even he was made up – he was actually Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.

That can’t be right.

I’m sorry Alice but it is.

Well actually you’ve made me up.  You keep telling me I’m only in your imagination so I’m not Lewis Carroll’s Alice at all.  I’m completely different.

That’s true to an extent.  You are in my imagination but you are definitely based upon the Alice from Alice in Wonderland.

Right so you’re saying that I’m based on the Alice that fell down a hole, had adventures in Wonderland, got small, grew big, shrank, played croquet with flamingos and was nearly beheaded by the Queen of Hearts.

Exactly.

Well that didn’t require much imagination then.  Actually there’s a word for what you’re doing…. It’s….

We’ll get to that one later.  But when I let my imagination really wander I hear you in my head having conversations with me just like this one.  Sometimes I manage to get to my laptop and save them other times I’m busy and I just have to try and remember them later but it isn’t always easy.  Especially when we’re not even half way through the posts I need to get done for this challenge.
 
Well you’ve always liked a challenge so I’m sure you’ll manage.  You just need to use your imagination!

 

3 comments:

  1. You do have a good imagination!! I am enjoying your A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lost more ideas by not writing them down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun Wendy. I just love how you are doing the challenge.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.