Wednesday 3 April 2019

C is for Crochet

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter

This year I decided not to tie myself to a theme.  I wanted to do something that felt more like writing rather than composing posts.  I didn’t want it to be a story that had to be followed from start to finish so what I’ve ended up with are: “Conversations in my Head”.


Alice here and I’ve got it all wrong again.  I thought when we planned for C it was for Croquet.  I’ve played croquet in my time.  Then when I tried to prompt Wendy this morning it turned out she wanted to write about crochet.  Apparently her Nan was the one who got her interested in it.  She (Nan) made beautiful doilies and centre pieces using cotton so they were very delicate and used very small hooks.


I think Nan was a bit selfish though cos she never cooked a fresh dinner for her hubby.  She would make dinner for lunchtime and eat hers then Granddad always got his warmed up when he came home from work.


Alice, stop putting other people down.  Especially ones you don’t know.


You’re awake!


No I’m dreaming.  After all you’re in my imagination.  I don’t need to be awake to hear you.  You’re in my subconscious.  You’re not real.


I’m insulted.


I’m going back to sleep.


No!  We have a post to get finished.   And it’s late so you can’t use the morning excuse.


I’m not.  I’m using the I’m tired so I’m going to bed excuse.  Except it’s not an excuse.


Well at least there won’t be any waffle today.  There won’t be any crafting either.  Wendy does love to crochet and knit and cross stitch whereas I like Cheshire Cats!


I like Cheshire Cats too, and fluffy white & tabby ones.  I even like black cats.


They’re unlucky.


They are not.  Anyway things like that are a lot of nonsense.  Like not walking under ladders.


Even when someone is on the ladder and might spill something on you.


Well of course I wouldn’t walk under a ladder if that was the case but that’s just common sense.  Something I have a lot of and you seem to have missed your helping altogether.


That’s why I’m the fun one.


Having fun at someone else’s expense is not fun, it’s teasing, maybe even bullying.


Huh, first I’m silly, then I’m a tease and now you’re suggesting I’m a bully.  I can’t help it if I have lots of ideas I want you to write about.


I know, but is it any wonder that when you keep talking about March Hares and Mad Hatters, not to mention playing croquet with pink flamingos, I’d rather stick to crochet!
 


3 comments:

  1. I love your 'theme' this year, Wendy!! So fun and so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Funny- just this morning I found these dollies made by my maternal grandmother- they were just laying in the linen closet floor- they kinda look like crochet but ate actually"tating"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have crocheted but never the small delicate things. I'm more into blankets and scarves because they are easy and straight (mostly - LOL). Nice post.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.