Friday 12 April 2019

K is for Killjoy



#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter
This year I decided not to tie myself to a theme.  I wanted to do something that felt more like writing rather than composing posts.  I didn’t want it to be a story that had to be followed from start to finish so what I’ve ended up with are: “Conversations in my Head”.


You’re definitely no fun Wendy!  You laze around, pretending to be asleep, then you attach yourself to your ipad and I might as well be invisible.

Umm hate to tell you this Alice, but you are invisible.

Well even more invisible than usual then.  I want to be up and out.  Trying new things.  Going to new places.

Where would you like to go?

Anywhere.  You never go anywhere!

That’s not entirely true Alice.  I’ve not long been away for a weekend with Hubby and his siblings.  We’re off to France in June, then a weekend away with the kids and in September I’m off to Kos.

Kos?  You are going to Kos?!

Yes with 3 of my cousins and I’m really looking forward to it.   Although I’m not too sure about all the cocktail drinking. 

So there will be sun, sea, sand and cocktails?

All of that Alice, plus a lot of fun I’m sure.  Lots of chatting and laughter.  We don’t get together very often so there will be lots of catching up to do. 

As long as you don’t do a Shirley Valentine.  Falling for some Greek lothario and never coming home.

There’s no danger of that.  I’m very happily married Alice.  Besides I’d miss the Grandchildren too much.   A week is a long time in their lives.

Don’t be silly.  A week is a week. Always seven days, or 168 hours, or….

Ok I get the picture Alice but what I mean is a lot can happen in the week of a little one.  They can gain more teeth, or take their first steps or learn new words.   So as much as I will enjoy my holiday I will also look forward to catching up with the grandkids when I get back.

Well I’m sure it will all be very exciting.  I’ve never been to Kos.

Well of course you haven’t because neither have I.   But you shouldn’t get too excited Alice.

Why not?  It will give me lots of new material to work with for you.

Umm sorry Alice but with all the chatting the 4 of will be doing I don’t think I’ll be needing you along for the ride.

You’re going to leave me behind?  See, I told you you’re a killjoy!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Kos is in Greece, I believe? What a fun trip!! You must leave old Alice at home!! LOL Another fun post!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.