Saturday 6 April 2019

F is for Forgetting

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary blogging from A to Z challenge letter

This year I decided not to tie myself to a theme.  I wanted to do something that felt more like writing rather than composing posts.  I didn’t want it to be a story that had to be followed from start to finish so what I’ve ended up with are: “Conversations in my Head”.


You’ve forgotten haven’t you Wendy?

Forgotten what Alice?

See I knew you had.

Umm nooooo

Yep definitely forgotten.

Have not.  Well at least I don’t think so.  It isn’t anyone’s birthday.  Unless it’s yours Alice but as you never mentioned when your birthday is I couldn’t possibly forget it.  Oh wait a minute, it is one of my niece’s birthday but I’ll give that a mention on Facebook.

No it’s not my birthday but you’ve still forgotten.

Right.  Let’s see if I can work this out.  I haven’t forgotten anyone’s birthday.  I know that it’s Saturday.  I don’t have anywhere in particular to be.  I think we’re fully stocked for breakfast at least, eggs, bacon, bread, beans, mushrooms, milk and, of course, tea.

I haven’t taken my tablets yet but that’s not because I’ve forgotten, it’s because I haven’t had my tea yet.  It’s not dustbin day or any other delivery day so nothing to worry about there.  I’m not expecting anyone so I don’t have to worry that I’m still in bed in my pyjamas.  Hmm, check.  Yep pyjamas on.

I’m not out and about so I don’t need to do the keys, phone, money, oyster card etc checklist and if I was out and about it would be too late for doing that anyway.

I remember what I was doing yesterday.  (Trying to not let Alice embarrass me.)
The Prime Minister is Theresa May.*
World War 2 ended in 1945.
It’s 2019.  I was born in 1959.
I can recite the months of the years backwards and count down from 20 to 1.
(Thankfully I don’t seem to be showing any signs of dementia – yet!)

I don’t owe anyone any money (although some people owe me money – you know who you are and so do I Alice before you throw that back at me.)

I’m pretty good at remembering all my online log ins and passwords (although I have a cunning plan for those and it doesn’t rely on an online password keeper)

I can’t smell burning so I haven’t left the oven on and even if I could that would more likely to be hubby’s fault than mine.  He’s always forgetting to turn it off.

Oh I give up. Alice what have I forgotten?

You’ve forgotten to do a post for F!

Actually I think I’ve just done one Alice!  Now where’s the publish button?
 

6 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Well done, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have similar conversations in my head on a regular basis! Thanks for the chuckle :) All the best in your A-Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great F read. Glad to keep up with your efforts. Happy writing! dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.