Thanks to Susanne at Living to tell the Story for this reminder every week to sit back and think about our 5 favourite things from the week.
Well firstly Happy New Year to everyone. I suspect there might be a few less hangovers this year with less parties being held but there was certainly no shortage of fireworks going off here at midnight last night.
Here are my 5 from last week
1) We got to celebrate Christmas with my son, DIL and 2 grandsons. We're in lockdown again and although we're only supposed to see our support bubble indoors (which is my daughter and her family) I can also form a childcare bubble with my son! Yep the rules are a bit daft. But we were all very careful leading up to Christmas, virtually isolating, so we didn't feel we posed a risk to one another. It was lovely to have them here as we hadn't seen them properly since we celebrated Thanksgiving with them.
2) A beautiful gift from my eldest son and family:
I love doing puzzles and this one will take pride of place somewhere once it's completed. I also have a matching fridge magnet of that pic.
3) Something to look forward to. Our younger son and his family gifted us an overnight stay with dinner at a venue in Saffron Waldon where we've been before and really enjoyed. It's valid for a year so hopefully we will be able to use it later in the year.
4) A second vaccine approved for use! This definitely gives me hope that we will be able to plan that getaway.
5) A lovely meal on New Year's Eve - this was gifted to us by my daughter and her family. It came all prepared in various pots and trays (supplied by Brown Butter Dining) and all we had to do was heat things and assemble. It was delicious. My photos don't really do it justice. (And I really should do some cropping before I post them lol.)
For delicious white onion soup
My starter of Chicken Liver parfait, onion jam & brioche toast
Nick's starter of Burrata, roasted squash, truffle pesto, puffed rice & seeds
Main course of Beef Wellington, pomme anna, ragu stuffed onion, winter greens and a red wine sauce
And finally dessert: Apple Tart Tatin with a toffee sauce and Creme Anglaise
All washed down with a nice red wine!