Thanks to Susanne at Living to tell the Story for this reminder every week to sit back and think about our 5 favourite things from the week.
Well it's been a quiet week but there are always things to be thankful for and here are mine:
1) A surprise invite to see Rory and Vinny last Sunday (and my son and DIL of course) including dinner. Rory was very excited to see us and Vinny is really smiling and cooing now. This was just before our lockdown started and Rory went back to nursery. Not sure when we'll see them again.
2) A good week for blogging. I've managed to blog every day so far in January.
3) Despite being in a national lockdown we are still able to be in a support bubble with our daughter and her family. This means we can still see them in their home (or ours) and help out and were there twice this week.
4) Back to a more normal routine. The Christmas decorations are down and there's no pressure to get stuff done.
5) We're well and healthy. The Covid situation in the UK has gone from bad to worse this week and we're now locked down again. The NHS is under severe pressure and is struggling to cope.
And when things feel really hard there is always this: