Friday 15 January 2021

Friday's Fave Five - 15/1/21

 

Thanks to Susanne at Living to tell the Story for this reminder every week to sit back and think about our 5 favourite things from the week.

Here are mine:

1.  Online shopping & deliveries.  Under a "Stay at home" lockdown means shopping can be a challenge so I'm very grateful for being able to order all our food shopping online and get it delivered.

2.  Our regular visits to my daughter and her family.  It really breaks our week up a bit and stops me going totally stir crazy.

3.  Exercise videos and podcasts.  It's been a very wet week here so getting out to walk hasn't happened much but I've managed to keep my step count respectable.

4.  A video chat with my cousins.  Hopefully that will be a more regular thing now we've all got our head around the technology lol.

5.  Post deliveries.  The local postal service has been struggling due to staff either being sick with Covid or isolating because of contact with it so we haven't been getting our post very regularly.  We've had deliveries the past two days though so hopefully things are beginning to improve.

So another week in lockdown is almost over.  It looks like this lockdown is going to last for a while but with the vaccine being rolled out hopefully things will start to get better.

Have a good weekend all.

10 comments:

  1. It's good that food and grocery delivery is available since you can't get out much. I'm so glad you can visit your daughter and her family. Yay for postal deliveries and internet chats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on a list to get our vaccine in another week. Can't come soon enough! I hope we don't have a lockdown again. It is great that you have the "bubble" thing and can still see your daughter & family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of this had really made it clear that our families are certainly our most important assets. I am set to get the vaccine sometime in February as I am a teacher of small children so Massachusetts considers me in phase 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are making the best of your lockdown. Challenging times for sure. I got my fist Covid Vaccine yesterday, but getting the vaccine seems to be going super slow here in the states. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Yes, I too am thankful for online grocery ordering.
    And for children who can and like to drive!
    Have a cozy afternoon.
    Cold and snowy here in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can do online shopping, but we haven't had to do that much of it. Our state isn't in much lockdown. I really do hope things brighten up and loosen soon where you are. I know it is hard.
    I have noticed that our families are communicating more. I love that renewing of connections.
    Have a good weekend. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received a Christmas card from Canada on Thursday, that had been posted mid November! Seems it's not just our postal services that are having problems with staffing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our postal service has been slow and unpredictable. Vaccines are slow as well here in our state. I'm pretty low on the totem pole, so it could be late Spring for me. I haven't had groceries delivered, but I did order ahead and just picked them up at the store, when quarantine was in effect. It was nice and convenient. I need to get better organized before trying it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sorry to hear you are still on lockdown.
    That IS a huge blessing ..being able to order groceries and staples online and have them delivered.
    Here in NY i JUST got a Xmas card on Thursday from one of my BFFs who lives in the SAME TOWN and she mailed it the week of my birthday (dec9!) so it's not just England1 HOpefully once everyone gets vaccinated this virus will die down!!
    Have a blessed weekend...it feels like early Spring here in eastern NY! Windy and temps of almost 40 F and NO SNOW left!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you have online ordering and delivery available. Our postal service, especially with packages has been slow too. When I called in the girl said it's because they have to shut down the entire mail sorting area if someone tests positive and that includes quarantining the mail and packages. It's a crazy time for sure. Hopefully your lockdown will end soon

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.