Thursday 14 January 2021

#JusJoJan - 14/1/21 - Neighbour


Regulars here will know that we moved house back in September.

Our new neighbours all seem very friendly - what we've seen of them.  We have talked to a couple of them - at a distance.  It's so difficult at the moment.  One of the neighbours who actually lives around the corner but whose garden adjoins ours at the back stopped and said hello as she was passing.  We had just got back from somewhere so were outside the house. The problem is she was wearing a hat because it was cold, a mask because we're told to, and it was dark.  Not sure I'm going to recognise her in daylight and without the hat and mask!  I'll just have to keep smiling at everyone who goes past the house and risk getting labelled as the mad woman that moved in during lockdown.

Failing that I'll just have to spy on her garden to try and spot her and risk getting called nosey parker lol.

6 comments:

  1. Kinda hard to meet the neighbors under these circumstances, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you attitude - just keep smiling and be friendly to everyone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not easy to make new friends in these days, that's for sure. It is nice that they speak, though! Life WILL get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On our floor is a young black couple with a little Micheal Jackson, very cute ! But besides good morning or good evening and a big smile we haven't exchanged a word. The other apartment is empty. I met a few ladies in the garage and we thought we should get together when the nightmare is finished !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand how difficult it must be not to know your neighbours. It feels like weeks since I saw mine and months since we had a cup of tea together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your attitude too Wendy, smile and be friendly to all.
    I have not talked to my one neighbor since June. The ones right next to us we wave to daily, but as far as conversation, again, not since the summer months.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.