Wednesday 20 January 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 20/1/21

From this Side of the Pond 

  

 

I'm taking part in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, kindly hosted by Joyce at From this Side of the Pond

Pop over there to see who else is joining in the fun. 

1. What's something we'd find you doing most afternoons? 

Well probably watching some TV but I might also be taking a walk if the weather is dry and 2 days a week you'd find me Grandsitting.

2. Who do you take after? In what way(s)? 

I think I have traits from both my parents.  My Mum was a very selfless person and I like to think I am too but I'm quiet like my Dad until I'm pushed too far then ----stand clear lol!

3. 'After every storm comes a rainbow' or 'the calm before the storm'...which phrase do you relate to more right now? Tell us why? 

Well as far as this pandemic goes I think we're in the storm right now - we had our highest daily death total recorded yesterday since it began.  Case numbers have started to go down thanks to the lockdown we're currently in but it will be a few weeks before the pressure on our hospitals and the number of deaths start to reduce.  But I'm trying to be positive and be watching out for the rainbow.  I want to be able to have all my family together again and for the grandchildren to meet their new cousins.

4.What are your plans for the day after tomorrow? 

Ha!  Often I wouldn't have any plans for a Friday but this week I have to Grandsit in the morning for my daughter and then in the afternoon Hubby is going to collect his things from his office.  (They're relocating staff except all the staff are currently working from home!)

5. Complete this sentence-"After all is said and done_____________________."

I'd love to have a deep, meaningful comment but I have nothing to add!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Is it just me or is everyone finding doing things like blogging or even reading hard?  Our lives have been turned upside down so there is little to talk about and I'm finding it hard to concentrate on reading anything "heavy".  I have all this time when I could be reading some of the classics on my reading list and all I want to read is either chick lit or a decent crime thriller!

Hopefully this too will pass!  That's what I should have put in #5 lol


9 comments:

  1. Yes, concentration is hard. I am reading a lot of mysteries that keep me engaged but don't stress me out. We are careful with what we're watching on TV too. There are probably some great life lessons to be learned in this pandemic, but we need to get on the other side of it to process and know how we'll use them going forward. I feel like we're still a long way from the other side of it! How is the vaccine distribution there? It's a mess here...makes no sense and every day doses are thrown away because they can't be stored. I wish they'd let doctors offices manage it. My 90 year old mother in NJ cannot get even the first dose until the end of April. Meanwhile hubs mom has had both doses now in TN. I appreciate blog link ups and prompts because I personally need some direction in collecting my thoughts lately. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. Things are quite tough at the moment in terms of cases, pressure on the health services and deaths but the vaccine roll out seems to be going well. There is a small light at the end of the tunnel.

      Delete
  2. Yes, this too shall pass. Thankfully.
    I am having to force myself to focus on writing anything. I think coming up with topics is the hardest right now.
    At least some days we can get out and walk. Let's focus on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes getting out for a walk really does help.

      Delete
  3. Besides that I don't have to sit grandchildreen, our ideas are very much alike ! We are all without energy over the whole world. Our vaccination doesn't go as quick as they thought, we have the Pfizer vaccin and they are one week late. But I think now we will get the same as you too Modena or something like that ! Hope that it helps, but I am no optimistic as I usually are !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, so much feels heavy. I have liked visiting blogs again and getting to know some new people through their blogs.

    Our hospitals are full too. It seems no one really cares, that's the attitude I have seen around me. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are experiencing more cases and more hospitalized here, too. Our county/town isn't locking down but we have been cautioned to wear masks, wash/sanitize our hands and to be responsible and careful. Same old same old. We are on the list to get an appointment for the vaccine but haven't heard yet. Hope it is soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, on #6. Seems like I have all this time and I spin my wheels or I shoot off doing something totally unplanned and planned stuff remains undone. Upside down describes it pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy,

    The pandemic hasn't changed my life much but I do get the stress relating to the global medical crisis. When I become troubled, I remind myself that God is in control and ask for His peace to fill me. It's only with His help that I am renewed and find strength. As for reading... I haven't been able to read a book since my children were born. After that I just couldn't get my brain to switch to a relaxing state to enjoy a lengthy story. The best I could do was read magazine articles but these days that's been replaced with blog posts. :) I'd say part of your problem might be due to worry, though. Try to find some calm if you can to enjoy your favorite passions.

    Thanks for sharing your answers. I hope when you find time, you'll stop by for a visit with me at Curious as a Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.