Friday 22 January 2021

Friday's Fave Five - 22/1/21

 

Thanks to Susanne at Living to tell the Story for this reminder every week to sit back and think about our 5 favourite things from the week.

Being in lockdown means we're doing very little different each week so it's sometimes hard to think of 5 different things but here are mine for this week:

1.  A meal with my daughter and her wife.  No we didn't go out - nowhere to go and we have to "Stay at Home!"  But we can visit them in their home as a support bubble so on Saturday we joined them for a finish at home meal.  This was from the same place as we did at New Year which I wrote about here.  I didn't take pictures but I had French onion soup to start, followed by leg of Duck and finished off with a delicious bread & butter pudding made with brioche.

2.  A couple of walks this week.  The weather hasn't been great and it's been cold but I have got out a couple of times.  I might even go after posting this as today it is bright and sunny.

3.  Plenty to choose from on the TV.  I did start watching a couple of things with Hubby but they weren't really my thing but I found other things to watch including some films.

4.  Case numbers for Covid have started to come down.  The numbers in hospitals are still very high and this week we've seen the worst daily deaths total since the pandemic began but hopefully that will start to reduce in a couple of weeks.  No idea how long we are going to be locked down for but at least things seem to be going in the right direction.

5.  A nice surprise:


Don't they look amazing.  This was a Christmas present from my daughter and family - a chocolate subscription for the next 3 months.  Not totally a surprise of course as I knew it was coming but just didn't know exactly when.  They arrived today so I will enjoy tasting some later!

Flavours included are: salted blonde ganache, bergamot, caramelised hazelnut, banoffee, madagascan and toasted sourdough praline. 

Have a good weekend all.

10 comments:

  1. Must admit I'm envious of those chocs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you say our days are like a pearl necklace, every day the same. Blogging, TV, and that's it. Tne weather is too cold and humid for me and we also had a storm. Here it's getting better, and perhaps mid February they will open at least the hairdressers. I wonder when the restaurants will open. I thought 2021 would be better but it doesn't look so. I wonder when I see my family life again. They could come, but they have to fill in so many papers and make tests and and and, I think it's more convinient for them to see each other on video ! My son has now a pony tail but a square cut in the front, like it is the fashion now and Toby has his hairs hanging over the eyes until the chin ! Only Marieken looks "normal" ! On Wednesday my hairdresser is coming and will cut our hairs. She always works at peoples places and has no own salon. Suits me well and she is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My that candy looks delicious! You did a great job of finding tings to be thankful for, even in a time of lockdowns. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh if i was in lockdown and not going out to teach every day i would have so much to do!! Reading, working out, organizing the basement, re-decorating, blogging, catching up on letter writing to old friends...and trying new restaurants via Grub Hub hahahha......

    seriously, glad your numbers are coming down. Ours are still high but life goes on. I am a candidate for the vaccine (prek teacher) but all the appointments are booked solid through until May. I'll probably wait until my own doc has them or the pharmacy down the road from us.

    those candies are really different!! the hazelnut one has my name on it!! :)

    enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet those chocolates are delicious! Sounds like a good week there, in spite of the lockdown. Glad numbers look better!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A chocolate subscription sounds wonderful! That's encouraging that COVID numbers have come down there. I have not looked at out local numbers for a while--they had been going steadily up for months. Hopefully with the vaccine getting to at least some people, numbers will go down. We are fortunate to have so many options available to watch these days that we have to spend so much time indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chocolates look lovely! I received a similar kind for Christmas and they were delicious! Enjoy every bite! Your meal also sounds very delicious and how nice that you were able to share with family! Same situation in Alberta, numbers are down but the hospitalizations are still way up. Hopefully soon we will see a break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoo! My eyes are all googly looking at that chocolate! What a great Christmas gift.

    I am so glad your covid numbers are going down. Maybe soon you will be able to loosen up the lockdowns. When this is all over, we can enjoy dinners out, travel where we want.

    Keep enjoying the walks when you can. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the chocolate selection. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, that chocolate looks beautiful! Such a lovely gift. The finish at home meal sounds decadent, too. Your photos of your walk in your later post look like they could have been taken where I live! The geography is quite similar. Great news about your Covid numbers coming down. It's hard to believe that we have been dealing with this for almost a year now. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.