Friday 18 January 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 18/1/19



It's Friday again so it's time to think back on five good things over the last week.

This challenge is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and check out other participants.

1) A bright sunny day. The weather has been a bit mixed this week and we're having a cold spell now but yesterday it was really bright and sunny for part of the day so I was able to wrap Nathan up in his buggy and get out for some fresh air. He also fell asleep just before we got back and napped for two hours!

2) A catch up with Nathan and his Mummies on Sunday - they got back from their holiday on Saturday so we went over for lunch and also returned their cat. We got such a lovely welcome from Nathan which was great.

3) MacDonalds! I was home alone yesterday evening and having got back from a tiring day with Nathan I really didn't feel like cooking so I opted for fast food! Something I rarely have as hubby is not a fan. And no washing up! Bonus.

4) Catch-up TV. Some nights it's hard to find something I want to watch but I've always got lots of programmes taped that I can fall back on. Trouble is I'm not sure I'm ever going to catch up!

5) Coping with anxiety. My journey to my daughter's house can be a challenge. I have a train ride followed by a bus ride and it takes about an hour door to door. The bus is usually fine but the train is ALWAYS crowded. Mostly I can manage to move away from the doors and often get a seat for part of the journey but sometimes I get hemmed in near the doors and it's not a pleasant ride, especially coming home. There's usually an altercation or two when people are trying to get on and off the train and then the doors not closing because the train is so full. But, although a few years ago I found using public transport extremely difficult, I've managed to overcome that and I'm coping with this journey. It only lasts about 20 minutes (although it does feel a bit longer) and it probably helps that I'm greeted by this little one when I arrive.

Pretty much a routine week for me. Nathan 2 days, plus Rory 2 mornings and catching up on things at home in between.

We're off to see Noah tomorrow so our weekend will be good, hope yours is too.

5 comments:

  1. What a good week you've had, Wendy! Love it on those nights when we don't have clean up to do after a meal. McDonald's works just great for that. Good for you for sticking to using public transportation for the trip to and from your daughter's...and especially for conquring the anxiety involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh I haven't had McDonalds food since the girls were very young. Once we found out what exactly was in the "meat" we said NEVER again!! When we feel like take out we order from this wonderful little Indian place where the family makes everything from scratch, and we sometimes go out to TSwirl for the yummy veggie or shrimp crepes.

    How fun to spend time with your grands!

    I dont have time to watch tv but once a week i do and its Law and Order:SVU on Thursday nights. I tend to watch Netflix movies with family on the weekends we don't go out and i like to watch BBC shows on Netflix while i cook or do laundry.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full disclosure: I love McDonald's! Even after all the years eating there with the kids, I still indulge once in a while;) I don't know if I'll ever catch up with all my movies and t.v. shows. I still had Christmas movies from 2017 to watch, when last Christmas rolled around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I don't have to worry with public transportation anymore. I used it when I lived in the Washington DC area but that was nearly 30 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember the last time I ate McDonald's. If we want 'take-away', we usually grab our favorite burritos to go. (Did that this week)
    I wish we had better public transport--ours is basically non-existent. I've been on London public busses and tubes--and yeah, they're crazy crowded.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.