Friday 18 January 2019

#Jusjojan - 18/1/19 - Companionship

Just Jot It January is hosted by Linda H Gill - here's the link to her site where you will find all the rules and the place to leave your link to your own post if you decide to join in plus links to all the other participants.

The background to the challenge can be found here



Your prompt for JusJoJan 2019, January 18th is brought to you by Di! Click here to find her last post and say hi while you’re there! Di’s word for our prompt today is “companionship.” Use it anywhere in your post or make it the theme of your post. Have fun!

I have been lucky to have a great companion in my Hubby to go through life with me.  We've been married 34 years and I can't imagine anything but death parting us, and hopefully that won't be for some time yet.

I don't think I'd want to find a new companion if anything happened to him.  I'm happy with my own company but I do understand that some people find it harder to be on their own and need someone for companionship, even if it's only on a friendship basis.

I'd be much more likely to get a dog if I was the one left on their own.  Hubby wouldn't.  I'm sure he'd cope on an emotional level but I'm not sure how good he would be on the practical side of things.  Our kids insist that he has to go first (and as he's older than me it's statistically more likely) because they reckon he would drive them nuts with his inability to grasp new technology and often showing "grumpy old man" traits! lol

Hubby would probably cope though, he's much more sociable than me and I'm sure he would soon have women vying to be his companion.   He's been warned though that if ever he allowed that to happen while I'm still here he'd find the locks on the house changed and his belongings in the front garden.  I'm not into sharing!

3 comments:

  1. ;-) I had to chuckle at your kids thoughts. LOL
    I am glad you have a happy marriage and pray for you both to continue to enjoy each other and your sweet family.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids say the same thing. "Dad will never be able to handle it if you go first." I don't think I'd be interested in finding anyone else. I'm already too old to train someone new - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to even imagine life without Joe. He lost his first wife to cancer and she told him to marry again and be happy. We have been married for almost 34 years (in May). Not sure I would want to date again if he goes before me. I'm good by myself too, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.