Wednesday 16 January 2019

Wednesday Medley - 16/1/19


The Wednesday Medley is hosted by Terri.  Pop over to her site to see how it works and who's taking part.
 
Wednesday, January 16th, is National Do Nothing Day!! National Nothing Day was proposed in 1972 by columnist Harold Pullman Coffin. This day has been observed annually since 1973. Of course, the way to celebrate it is to do nothing! 

1.  To commemorate Do Nothing Day in SOME way, tell us something about your life (or the life of someone close to you) in 1973!! I was 14 in 1973 and that was the year I had bunions on both feet corrected and was in plaster for about 8 weeks.

2.  Now that we are thinking back, please tell us what your favorite past time was as a child.
Reading.
3.  What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day? 
Seeing my Grandchildren.

4.  How old were you when you first started dating? Do you remember your first date?
I was 16 and I'd rather forget my first date - it was a disaster lol

5.  Today is also National Fig Newton day.  Do you like figs/Fig Newtons?
Well I had to Google Fig Newtons - here in the UK they are called Fig Rolls and yes I do like them.  I also like figs but rarely eat them.

6.  Tell us something random about your week.
I might have to declare my home a Brexit free home.  I cannot believe what a mess this country is in at present.
 https://d1yhils6iwh5l5.cloudfront.net/charts/resized/41458/original/Brexit_cartoon_06.23.2016.png
 

5 comments:

  1. My first date was a disaster as well. ;-)

    I had surgery on both of my feet when I was in 8th grade. I had pins put into my ankles. It was no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hearing about the Brexit on the news here in the U.S. I loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to celebrate "I do nothing" day ! Should be celebrated every day and that a Mr. Coffin had the idea is even better !
    The Brexit is a sad joke ! in, out, in, out it becomes a Russian roulette ! The worst thing is people don't realize the disaster little things like fresh food importation, Bananas, oranges etc, how can they be fresh if it has to stay for hours at the border to get the papers filled in ! People don't realize, a lot of them have never lived when we still had borders for every little country !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I whole heartedly agree with your answer to #3 : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foot surgery is just the worst!! Mine was more painful than anything before or since. I am late visiting but want to thank you for joining the Medley yesterday!! I enjoyed your answers, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.