Tuesday 15 January 2019

#Jusjojan - 15/1/19 - Paris

Just Jot It January is hosted by Linda H Gill - here's the link to her site where you will find all the rules and the place to leave your link to your own post if you decide to join in plus links to all the other participants.

The background to the challenge can be found here



Your prompt for JusJoJan 2019, January 15th is brought to you by Kelli! Click here to find her last post and say hi while you’re there! Kelli’s word for our prompt today is “Paris.” Use it anywhere in your post or make it the theme of your post. Have fun!

I've been to Paris a few times - I'm lucky enough to have a sister-in-law who is married to a French man and they lived in Paris for a while and we visited them.

The visit I most remember though was before that with one of my former boyfriends.  We did the usual touristy things and not being a particularly adventurous eater I'd managed to steer clear of frogs legs or snails.  I was quite pleased with myself on our final meal for ordering in French what I thought was a piece of pork.   Imagine my horror when I found out I actually ordered a pig's trotter.  I confused piece with pied!  It was one of the worst meals I've ever tried to eat and not a mistake I'm likely to repeat.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my! Pig's trotter does not sound very good at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I had to giggle!! Paris is a place I have never had any desire to visit. I'm not real fond of Parisian food (yogurt sauces, snails, etc.) and I understand they aren't real fond of Americans. Sounds like you had a good time until that last meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh about your Pig's trotter, with Sauerkraut it's delicious ! I have read what Queen Victoria loved to eat, horrendous, a whole pig head !! and it was sitting in the middle of the table !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.