Wednesday 23 January 2019

Wednesday Medley - 23/1/19


The Wednesday Medley is hosted by Terri.  Pop over to her site to see how it works and who's taking part. 
 

NATIONAL PIE DAY

National Pie Day is celebrated annually on January 23rd. (Not to be confused with March 14 which is PI π Day.) 
National Pie Day was created simply to celebrate the pie.  It is a day for all to bake or cook their favorite pies.  Even more importantly, it is a day set aside for all to enjoy eating pies!
The first pies appeared around 9500 BC in the Egyptian Neolithic period or New Stone Age.

1.  Okay, fess up.  Tell us your top three favorite pies, please.  Will you have some pie today?
No I did not have pie today but if I had I'd probably like a steak pie if it was for dinner or apple pie if we're talking dessert.  Lemon meringue would be my third choice.
2.  While we are talking about food... are you a picky eater or are you ready to try almost any new food?  What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
My hubby would call me a picky eater but I don't think I am.  I grew up eating quite plain food but over the years I've become much more adventurous although I would probably steer clear of anything too exotic.  I think the worst thing I've ever eaten was pigs trotters which I wrote about here.
3.  Baking could be considered an art as could cooking.  How do you define art?
Art to me has to show a level of artistry so yes baking and cooking could easily be defined as art.  However there are many examples of modern art that I don't feel show any level of artistry despite being valued at ridiculous amounts of money and raved over by experts.
4.  Tell us a really stupid joke that made you laugh, please.
I am rubbish at remembering jokes.
5.  January 23rd is also National Handwriting Day. Do you have nice handwriting? Did cursive writing come naturally or did you practice in those double-lined practice books until your fingers hurt?

I think I have quite neat handwriting and have definitely mastered cursive writing.  My problem is that I don't always keep the same style.
6.  Tell us something random about your week.
I had an enjoyable day today - I was with Nathan which is not my usual routine.  I even took him to a Music & Movement session which was fun.

4 comments:

  1. A Music and Movement session sounds fun.
    I am with you on the Lemon Meringue pie.

    Pig Trotters ... oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had such a nice day! That sounds like a lot of fun!
    I totally agree with you about #3! I enjoyed your answers! Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pigs trotters do not even BEGIN to sound good...UGH! I am so glad you had a great day! I hope the weekend continues to be amazing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking time to join the Medley today, Wendy! Nice that you had fun with Nathan today! I don't think I would try Pig's Trotters. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.