Wednesday 30 January 2019

Review: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever by Marie Kondō
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Transform your home into a permanently clear and clutter-free space with the incredible KonMari Method. Japan's expert declutterer and professional cleaner Marie Kondo will help you tidy your rooms once and for all with her inspirational step-by-step method.

The key to successful tidying is to tackle your home in the correct order, to keep only the things you really love and to do it all at once – and quickly. After that for the rest of your life you only need to choose what to keep and what to discard.

The KonMari Method will not just transform your space. Once you have your house in order you will find that your whole life will change. You can feel more confident, you can become more successful, and you can have the energy and motivation to create the life you want. You will also have the courage to move on from the negative aspects of your life: you can recognise and finish a bad relationship; you can stop feeling anxious; you can finally lose weight.


Having watched the TV show recently I was intrigued enough by Marie Kondo to read her book, especially when my daughter had a copy to lend me. I expected it to be a glossy book with pictures, especially about her folding techniques etc. so I was surprised to find it just a small paperback.

It was an interesting read and while I found some of her ideas useful and I have already implemented some, I'm not going to be giving my house the full KonMari makeover.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I read this book a few years back and I dedicated about three months one winter (one winter where I had a lot of snow days and time off from work) to "Kondoing" my house. Although I found some of the suggestions a bit crazy (thanking items for their service for instance), the method did help me re-think my relationship with things. I purged a lot of stuff from my ome and have, for the most part, been able to maintain it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever I would read a book with this title "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying" I don't want to change my mess and find nothing "magic" in tidying, lol ! At least I find my things even if they are all over the place ! To be honest when you see my rooms they look perfect ! But ..... don't look in the cupboards, drawers, cabinets, wardrobes etc ! In this case I am a real hypocrite !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.