Sunday 27 January 2019

#Jusjojan - 27/1/19 - Cathartic

Just Jot It January is hosted by Linda H Gill - here's the link to her site where you will find all the rules and the place to leave your link to your own post if you decide to join in plus links to all the other participants.

The background to the challenge can be found here.


Your prompt for JusJoJan 2019, January 27th is brought to you by Enthralling Journey! Click here to find her last post and say hi while you’re there! Enthralling Journey’s word for our prompt today is “cathartic.” Use it anywhere in your post or make it the theme of your post. Have fun!

Well I knew things were going too well, posting nearly every day and then oops, a two day blank!  Including a Friday when I often post several meme type posts.  

My routine was different this week, looking after Grandson Nathan two days running on Wednesday and Thursday left me very tired on Friday so I opted for some retail therapy and a date night with Hubby.  I needed to pick up a few bits and pieces now that I'm having Grandchildren here regularly, including a travel cot.  We also needed a new kitchen bin as ours was falling apart and I managed to get most of what I needed.

For our "date" we went to a local bar that serves food so no cooking!  It also meant a bit of exercise as we walked there and back.  It was nice to get out but the food was a bit too spicy for my taste and I definitely didn't like the choice of music playing.  It was also a bit loud.  But we were out, together, so that's a win as far as I'm concerned.

Saturday we had Grandson Rory here for a few hours so the travel cot was christened.  He seemed to like it.  He's rolling around and nearly crawling so it will be handy to have somewhere safe to put him if I'm here on my own with him.  Our son had a meeting to attend and our DIL was at a baking course.  They both joined us here later and the bonus was that we all got to try the vegetable pie our DIL had made on the course which was delicious.

The rest of the weekend has been quiet.  Hubby was out with a friend to a music venue today so I put my time to good use.

I have tidied my clothes, shoes etc.  Oh yes I've been watching Marie Kondo on TV and my daughter had her original book.  I didn't follow her methods religiously though but I have tried to store things vertically or folded as she suggests which does make sense.  I certainly did not thank each item that I was throwing out or checking if things I kept were giving me joy.

Now I just have to get around to disposing of the things I'm not keeping but it was definitely cathartic doing the tidying!

No before and after pics though - I forgot to take the befores and I'm not going to parade my underwear on the internet!
 

4 comments:

  1. I had to smile at your last sentence as I look around me at the bags. Some to the charity shop and others to the recycling centre. I don't know how you manage to post everyday. I find it difficult to do it a couple of times a week. I also regret not commenting more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I wouldn't post my undies either, no matter how cathartic it might be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nice to go out with your better half mine prefers that I bring the meal in the house, lol ! I was fighting with this word's meaning, it concerned also bowels but that's a theme which is not so adequate to read, and as my computer gave up it's soal, and I have to write on my little travel computer, I didn't write anything ! I was angry. It's not an old computer, but already repaired twice and now it doesn't even switch on. Completely dead !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done.. :-)
    I will not show my undies as well. LOL thank you for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.