Friday 31 January 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 31/1/20


If you've landed here looking for a JusJoJan post on Change, you can find it here.
If you're looking for 5 good things from my week you're in the right place.  Suzanne hosts this meme and you can check out her post and see who else is taking part here.

Here are mine for this week:

1)  Ladies Lunch.  I met up with my 3 former colleagues for lunch last Friday.  We hadn't been together since before Christmas so we had lots to catch up on.

2)  Curtains purchased.  We've needed new curtains for Hubby's den for a while but hadn't got around to getting any.  Now that we've decided to move it moved up the "to do" list so this week we made time to find some.  Now I just have to persuade Hubby to put up the new pole so that we can hang them!

3)  Progress with moving plans - well a little.  We've had a visit from 1 estate agent to get a valuation on our house and we have 2 more appointments lined up. 

4)  Good days with Rory.  The weather was good enough to get out and about this week and Rory was his usual cheerful self.  He did get a bit upset at bedtime on Wednesday - his bottom had got quite sore and he really didn't like having his bottom cleaned up.  I had quite a struggle to get him changed and dressed for bed.  But he settled quite quickly and was asleep by the time his Mummy came home.

5)  No work.  I haven't felt well the last couple of days - just a virus of some sort - getting through tissues at a rapid rate!  But I'm glad not to have to worry about getting to work or doing anything really.  I even found the determination to say no to a request to see Nathan.  My daughter asked me to help out yesterday but I knew I probably wouldn't be up to it so I declined.  I hate letting people down but for once I put myself first and it was a good job I did.

Anyway we have no definite plans for the weekend (apart from 1 of the estate agents coming) so hopefully I'll be able to shift this virus and recharge the batteries.  

Have a good weekend all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,
    I hope you are feeling better soon. And I am with you, it is hard for me to say no to people as well, but you are right on to put your health first.
    Have a blessed weekend,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better after a restful weekend. Saying NO to work and babysitting is important so germs don't spread and so your self can get the care it needs!! It totally bugs me when people come to work sick. This is why we have sick time available people!! 😜

    Love that you could comfort your grandson and get him outdoors and to sleep.
    Lunch with friends is always fun!
    Happy weekend.,,.good luck with the house sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned I can't just push through when I am sick like I did when I was younger. It's hard to say no, but we have to sometimes--and it's probably better for others when we don't bring our germs. Hope you feel better soon!

    Glad you got to meet up with former colleagues and have a good time with Rory.

    I know what you mean about having to get certain things done before a house goes on the market. I wish you well with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to just say no to helping when you knew you weren't up to it. And I'm glad you had the time to just rest and recover.
    Lunches with girl friends are always great!
    I hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.