Friday, 3 January 2020
Friday's Fave Five - 3/1/20
Hey it's Friday and I'm here! Time to look back and reflect on the good things from the past week although as there was no FFF last week I'm looking back on the last two weeks.
This meme is hosted by Susanne over at "Living to Tell the Story". Pop over there to see who else is taking part.
1) Christmas celebrations going to plan. Our quiet dinner for 4 plus Grandson Nathan developed into dinner for 12 plus Nathan and a dog thrown into the mix. Fortunately I'm used to planning and cooking for large numbers so it was all fine and I think we all had a good time!
2) Quality time with Nathan and his Mummies. We stayed there from Christmas Eve until the day after Boxing day.
3) Quality time with Noah and his parents. They arrived last Sunday and are here until Sunday. It's been lovely having so much time with Noah and I babysat him last night and he didn't make a peep.
4) Being in the right place at the right time. I popped into my GP surgery today to organise a prescription and I also wanted to make an appointment for a women's screening procedure and was told I could have it done there and then. I was a bit taken aback but decided to get it over and done with. No time like the present!
5) Being retired. I couldn't have done all what we've done over Christmas had I still been working or helped out at the drop of a hat like we had to on Wednesday. Our son and DIL arrived back from Vermont to find they had been burgled while away. They've lost 2 laptops and some cash and the place was a tip where all their drawers and cupboards had been emptied out but there was no real damage done and thankfully they are insured. We scooped up our DIL and Rory and brought them back here while our son waited for the police to come and then we kept Rory all day while they put things straight. The thieves must have watched and known the flat was empty and they were clearly professional. Hopefully their insurers won't take too long to process their claim.
So a busy couple of weeks but lots of quality family time and that continues this weekend as we're getting together with all our kids and Grandsons for a belated family Christmas. No complicated meals this time though!
Happy New Year to you all.