Saturday 1 January 2022

#JusJoJan22 + #SoCS Saturday 1st January 2022



Once again I'm participating in the Just Jot it January challenge hosted by Linda.  You can check out all the rules, details etc. here.

Now as today is Saturday Just Jot it January is combined with SoCS:


The prompt for which is "resolve".  (If you want to know how SoCS works click here.)

With me so far?  Yeah not sure I know what I'm doing either.  But basically the JusJoJan challenge involves posting a blog every day of the month which can follow the daily prompt or not and on Saturdays it follows the SoCS format of just writing - no editing, no correcting, just a constant stream of writing.

Resolve is quite a good word for today as I'm sure many of us are thinking about New Year resolutions.  I'm not sure that I have a lot of resolve for resolutions this year.  The past couple of years (oops few years and yes I did stop to check that out) I've done a list of 18 in 18 (as in 18 in 2018 the year I started it) 19 in 19 and on to 21 in 21.  The first couple of years went ok but then we hit a pandemic. 

I haven't even started to review how 21 in 21 turned out but I know it wasn't good.  The pandemic has not been great for my mental health and I have definitely struggled with lack of motivation and anxiety, particularly in the second half of 2021.  The idea of adding another thing to what essentially is a To Do list seems unrealistic, especially when the wave of Omicron infections seems to be growing and growing.

So I'm resolving not to do a 22 in 22 list but I do have an idea about making a plan.  And part of that plan will include getting back to more regular blogging which is why I'm here doing the JusJoJan.

Happy New Year!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy. So glad you are going to be able to blog more again. The past two years have been very stressful and trying for many of us. I hope we all have a better 2022. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you and yours, Wendy!! I always look forward to my visits here!! It will be good to see you more often! I wish us all a healthy and happier new year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the beginning of January each year I would plan trips and visits for the year but like you the pandemic has taken away my motivation for doing most things. Now I try to just look one week ahead and see what I can manage. Like you the highlight of my life is spending time with the grandchildren. Take care in the year ahead and put your own wellbeing first.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.