Friday 21 January 2022

Friday's Fave Five & #JusJoJan22 - 21st January


Combining two posts again here today - Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to tell the Story and this is where like minded bloggers come together each Friday and share what we've been grateful for over the previous week.

Just Jot it January is a challenge to jot something down everyday during January.  Full details can be found here.  There are also prompts that can be used and today's prompt is "Mission".

1.  Yesterday I was on a mission to get a few things organised.  I needed to book a service for our boiler, find an electrician to look at a couple of jobs for us and also to set the ball rolling with getting some decorating done.  I managed to do all of that so I'm grateful that I didn't let my motivation disappear before everything was done.

2.  Grateful for dry weather.  It's been chilly this week but dry, in fact some days we had some lovely sunshine.  Definitely improves my mood.

3.  A phone catch up with my best friend and a video call with 3 or my cousins.  It's been hard not being able to see people in the same way during the pandemic but technology has definitely helped to bridge gaps.

4.  A lovely day with Vinny here on Wednesday.  He is such a happy little boy and very easy to entertain as long as you realise that when he goes to the high chair he needs feeding!  He does this regularly throughout the day - morning snack, lunch time, afternoon snack and, because he ended up being here later than usual this week, he was also looking for his dinner.  He had to make do with another snack as his dinner was going to be waiting for him when we got him home.


5.  Stamina.  It's been a busy week - helping out at my daughter's new house so that it will be ready for them to move in next weekend, helping out at their old house so that it's ready to hand back to the landlords, babysitting Vinny and fitting in some walks.  I definitely think the more you try and do the easier it gets and the less you do the less you want to do.  I'm grateful that I've had a week of doing more and feeling good about it all, even if I am now very tired! 

And I didn't take any decent pictures to add to this blog.  I did try to post a video of Vinny laughing but Blogger wouldn't play ball.

Hope you all have a good weekend.  We'll be helping my daughter and DIL again.  There's still lots to do but for a bonus item, I'm grateful they now have their own home to move into and no more landlords to worry about, although to be fair they have been lucky with the landlords they've had.


8 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to accomplish so much this week. That always feels good. That is great that you have been able to help your daughter and tend Vinny. It's also nice to stay in touch with friends and family - even on phone or video calls.
    Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy a day of NO PRECIPITATION of any kind!! HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter and her spouse, I am so very happy for them. We have had the best landlord for 9-10 yrs... but it's time to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy but good week!!
    Congrats to your daughter on her new house! That's exciting!!
    We've had a dry week over here too but COLD!!! temps in the single digits. BUT praise God for sunshine.
    LOVE that you can help out with your grandson and give him all his snacks/lunches, etc :)
    That's a huge blessing for his parents I'm sure!
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a busy and productive week! I know what you mean about keeping the motivation going, and it seems when you have a lot to do you do get good momentum. Have a good weekend, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, you are always so busy (good busy). I know your family feel blessed with all your help. Sorry we couldn't hear your Vinny laughing but I know it is a wonderful sound! Your mission to get organized is the same as mine. Hoping to get some work done in the den (Joe's office) this weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it odd how it works that way? It's true that the less we do, the less we feel like doing. But once we get going, it's easier to get more done. I've been wanting to get some organizing done, too, and finally got to my overflowing bedroom bookcase this morning. I am thankful, too, for the different ways we have to keep in touch these days--they help a lot. I'm glad you had a good day with Vinny--funny how he goes to the high chair whenever he wants food. I hope the moving went/is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you. The more I plan for the day, the more I get done. I love organizing things, too.
    I love how Vinny associates food with the high chair know how to 'tell' you he is hungry by going to the chair.
    Having your own home is a wonderful settling feeling.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.