Wednesday 26 January 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge & #JusJoJan22 - 26th January



The Wednesday Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce over at "From this side of the Pond" hop over there for more info and to see other participants.

This post will also be my Just Jot it January post for today.  That challenge is hosted by Linda here.

1. January 25th is National Opposites Day. 'They' say opposites attract...do you agree, and if so is that a good thing? Or do you subscribe more to a 'birds of a feather' philosophy? 

I think a bit of both is good.  Hubby and I agree on a lot of things but we also have totally different interests and he is much more outgoing than me.

2. Something you're glad to have behind you? Something you're glad is ahead of you? 

Behind me? Working.  I left work in 2015 not really by choice but due to being unable to work with a new boss.  It was a difficult time.  If circumstances had been different I might still have been working but I wouldn't have wanted to be part of a school management team with responsibility for health and safety during this pandemic.  

Ahead of me - time with the grandkids.

3. Your favourite hot food? I'm not sure I have an absolute favourite.  I like a Sunday Roast or a good steak but I'm also partial to a Chinese takeaway and lots of other things.

Cold food? Cheesecake counts as cold food right?  Or other equally yummy desserts such as Banoffee Pie or Tiramisu and a good ice cream always goes down well.

Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner?  Well that depends on your definition of breakfast.  If you're talking a full English breakfast I'd happily have that for dinner if there was no other alternative but not something we would ever plan on doing. 

4. Are you someone who always arrives to appointments/events early or do you tend to run late? Last thing you were late for?   

I always intend being early but occasionally I run late.

I can't think of anything I've been late for recently.   My hubby was late for our wedding and I've never let him forget it lol.

5. "What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?" John Steinbeck....Your thoughts? 

I think it's good to have variety.  I don't think I could live in a climate that was always the same, either hot or cold.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Well the end of January is creeping closer and so far I've managed to "Jot" something every day.  It also means the day my daughter and her wife have to give back the keys for their rented house is getting close too and there still seems to be lots to do.  Of course we are helping out as much as possible which means my blog reading/commenting is suffering at the moment.  Apologies for that, especially to the people who read my blog regularly and leave me lovely comments.  Hopefully February will be less frantic.


4 comments:

  1. Grandkids are just that, GRAND! Yum, I'm smacking my lips on your choices for the hot food and cold food. I forgot about desserts for the cold choice! Happy Hodgepodge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a "full English breakfast"? I hear that a lot but don't really know what it is. Hoping your daughter's move goes well. It is a frantic and stressful time - moving, as you know! I'm having Chinese with my boss and his wife on Friday night. A new place opened up. I've been but they haven't. Yum. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheesecake counts as cold food for sure! Hope your February settles.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh a good roast sounds good!!! I enjoyed your answers

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.